NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hi Guys, I am 67 years old going on 25, in my mind at least. The aches and pains say different however. I haven’t joined any forums before, mostly just searched them for answers and ideas. Looking forward to spending some time here , I have a 61 Nomad that has been a project for a long time and have made some progress on it. I want to get it on the front burner and move the process along. I have already learned some things about the 348/409s here and appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks for the welcome, just got back in the house from installing a vent window gasket/ weatherstripping on the Nomad. I’ve had it for over a year and the first time I began to install it I saw that it wasn’t going to fit, called Steele Rubber and the nice guy said “man that’s what it calls for but if you bring it to me I’ll look at it”or you can cut it to size and glue it back. So I finally got the nerve to do it today! Cut and paste that is. I would rather have an enema.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Thanks Iowa 409 Guy,
I grew up a little south of Iowa in Chillicothe MO. Are you close to that area?
I’ve been in NC since 1979 though. My family raced some in Knoxville.

Sprint car...Knoxville..been to a few races there. Damn. Went to the Nationals there one year. Crazy stuff. Ended up under the bleachers...tornado...Damn near spilled my beer....:drinkingThat was 1997 where I got the leade on my 47 Knuck. Went to bike races there one time also.

I live between Waterloo and Cedar Rapids.

Last edited: