boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
No oil pan problems at all. The valve covers get to be a problem, especially if you want aftermarket aluminum covers and particularly if you want to get them off easily to adjust valve lash, etc. I know this would be an easy afternoon deal for Dan, for me it's a real PITA as are the headers. I would have cheerfully settled for blockhuggers but they won't work easily either.

2nevets

Oil pan leak driving me crazy-I put on an after market oil pan and I cant stop the end seals from leaking-I don't know if the pan is squeezing the end seals tight enough.I am using felpro gaskets and the end seals are blue silicone.does anyone make the old fashioned rubber end seals?I am going to use a stock pan and try that as well.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is what I do on pan gaskets. Install DRY, the only silicone I use is a small dab where the end seals & pan rail gaskets meet. Once tightened down you should be able to see where the ends of the pan are pushing into/compressing the rubber end seal strips.
Jeff

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When you get the aftermarket pan off, put a straightedge on the pan rails and measure to the bottom of the U, at each end. Compare this to the stock pan. Why did you use an aftermarket pan? Would the stock pan not work?
Jeff

2nevets

When you get the aftermarket pan off, put a straightedge on the pan rails and measure to the bottom of the U, at each end. Compare this to the stock pan. Why did you use an aftermarket pan? Would the stock pan not work?
Jeff
It looks like it went thru the war-tossed it