63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome to the site ......you indeed are a lucky man, your sons dragster is pretty damn cool too..........I met Dave with the faded memories car at great Lakes dragway somewhere around 1990 ...... several years ago a fella that lives here in Southeast Wisconsin used to own “Faded” and raced it........ I believe his name was Bob...... he was a member here for a while.....Congratulations
If you use the search engine here on the site, here and look up your car.... “faded memories” I’m sure you’ll find more information about your car......

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Hello, my name is Tom Kowal and our family are the proud owners of "Faded Memories"-- a 1963 Belair sedan with a 409 powering it. Built By Dave Campbell in 1996-98 and first raced at indy back in 1988. Dave raced the car for years in 12 states and 26 different tracks--Right now,engine is at the machine shop for a sleeve in #7 and we will be racing this year in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana--if you see us please stop by and say hello-------glad to be on this forum, thanks tom

Hi Tom/ I don’t mean to be in your business..... I was just reading in the “for sale” section about the pending sale of the 409 block.... reading that you’re having a health concern...... but also that you’re home from the hospital..... I hope all is well......... hoping for a fast and full recovery

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hello, my name is Tom Kowal and our family are the proud owners of "Faded Memories"-- a 1963 Belair sedan with a 409 powering it. Built By Dave Campbell in 1996-98 and first raced at indy back in 1988. Dave raced the car for years in 12 states and 26 different tracks--Right now,engine is at the machine shop for a sleeve in #7 and we will be racing this year in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana--if you see us please stop by and say hello-------glad to be on this forum, thanks tom
Tom, Dave did a great job on that car. He worked at a Chevy assembly plant. I raced NSS with him. He really had that car flying.