jhcoll

trying to find out correct fuel line routing on a 1961 impala big block someone told me that it should run under the upper a arm this just does not seem right

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
yes... It sure is.. But the center section piece is the pain if you are replacing yours. The reasoning is to keep the fuel away from the heat. But don't worry you ain't going to hit the line with the a-frame if it is secured correctly.
Robert

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site.:cheers
The factory did indeed run the line under the A arm when they used the larger 3/8" line. The reason might have been to get it away from the hot exhaust.:dunno Anyway, it fits fine under there but it's hard to install.

Opps, I guesss I was writing this at the same time as rstreet.

jhcoll

yes... It sure is.. But the center section piece is the pain if you are replacing yours. The reasoning is to keep the fuel away from the heat. But don't worry you ain't going to hit the line with the a-frame if it is secured correctly.
Robert

thanks doing this car for someone and they want it right, i have the 3 piece fuel line set but its not bent to go under th a arm do i have to make my own, also did this line run through the drive shaft tunnel again thanks for the info, Jim

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Jim: Yes that year went through the tunnel. It should already be bent for the a arm route. BUT it is a wierd fit so carefully lay it out. Also if you can get under a "demo" car that is correct you will figure it out real quick. Maybe some here will post a good picture for you..I don't have one except in the a frame area but you already know what happens there I am sure.
Robert