NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 2017

Interested in participating in NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 348-409 eliminator class 2017

• Total voters

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Ha, ok I'll tell my computer it's "off line" when I send a pm. It won't know the difference. Except that if I am off line, I can't send anything.:winner

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No problem Mark, I give everyone the"business" all the time and I deserve the same. I thought when you said off line, you meant phone, text, or snail mail and I didn't want to go through 12 pages on this thread to find your number/address. Nice design on the shirts btw.

Last edited:

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
T-SHIRTS
Things are moving along a little faster than anticipated.
T-SHIRTS are going to print soon.
Orders haven't been great so I ordered more than double the number ordered by the racers. I hope there will be enough.
If you would like to order shirts this weekend - - that would be great! Thanks Mark

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Hi guys, 2 things to discuss.

1. I do not believe I will be able to attend the BG event. I would like to go but don't believe I will be able to make the trip. I am recovering well from my neck surgery but don't believe I will be able to drive the distance to BG. Driving for approximately 8 hours a day for 4 days will be very difficult. So I will not be attending, maybe next year.

My friend Lee who always follows me to these events will also not be going. The good news is he has a reservation at the Hyatt Place BG for 13-18 June @ $99.00 per night. He has not cancelled yet & can transfer the reservation to anyone who is interested. Let me know if anyone is interested & I will put you in contact with him.

2. At the races on Friday night I believe my MSD 6AL box failed. I am not getting any spark to the plugs. The distributor is functioning, but no power to the coil. Anyone else had this problem or any ideas.

Thanks.

Joel

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Joel I'm glad to hear you are recovering well and you'll be missed like last year. At least you won't be stranded. Fellas if you need a room that's one up for the taking.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
2. At the races on Friday night I believe my MSD 6AL box failed. I am not getting any spark to the plugs. The distributor is functioning, but no power to the coil. Anyone else had this problem or any ideas.

Thanks.

Joel[/QUOTE]

Happened to me also. Problem was module in base of distributor was blown out . I had the MSD distributor.

Last edited:

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Joel you can unplug the wires at the dist and with the key on take the white wire that is not used (it would got to the points) and touch it to ground and that away from ground.....if you have spark then the dist is bad if you don't have spark the box is bad.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
No need to mess with the module when you have the MSD unit. Just rewire the dist and use it for a trigger only.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Thanks for the info. I am taking it to the shop on Wednesday to find out what the problem is. I have an HEI unit for the car that I was using before I started racing. Replaced it with the MSD. I thought the MSD would be better for racing. Any thoughts or comments on which unit to use. Thanks.

Joel

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
If you're not turning over 7500 the HEI will be as good as you'll ever need once you get the curve where you need for it to be for your particular combination.The MSD distributor is just an unnecessary expense unless you happen to need the smaller space that it takes up,or if you're running where contingency money is involved.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
No need to mess with the module when you have the MSD unit. Just rewire the dist and use it for a trigger only.
I have to disagree with you Ray, the module was the key to getting power to box and coil. Didn't make sense to me either at first, but after talking to msd techs, it was the answer that solved the problem.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have to disagree with you Ray, the module was the key to getting power to box and coil. Didn't make sense to me either at first, but after talking to msd techs, it was the answer that solved the problem.
Not mine for some reason, I'm using the MSD distributor, ready to run as a trigger only with my MSD 6AL.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I'll take your word that it can be done Ray. Be advised, the next time that module goes out, I'm coming to you for help.......well , either wiring help, or a cold one.......or two.