NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 2017

Interested in participating in NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 348-409 eliminator class 2017

• Total voters

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey Guys .................after talking with Al, we've decided to have a vote on weather to keep the NHRA HOT ROD REUNION 348-409 Class going, or drop it..................so vote, please only once and lets see what kind of plans we need to make for next year, thanks guys

Martin

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
That was what I was thinking James now that we know what we have........... tweak it a little and really show em what we got!!!!!!!!

alloy409

Well Known Member
LA Hot Rods.....yes, Bowling Green is a given, in that we have been invited back. However, I participated at a racing event in Beaver Springs, PA this past weekend and the subject came up. A large majority of this group told me they will not be participating at Bowling Green next year because of distance. They had a great time but said it's just too far for them to make the trip again. They want to go back to Mason-Dixon. The dates are Bowling Green - June 16, 17, 18 and Mason-Dixon is the following weekend on June 25th. Everyone I've talked to can only do one or the other. That doesn't mean we can't have both events but we will end up with a lower turnout at one or the other. I'm in a neutral position and just carrying the message so you all can make the decision.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know this will be unpopular and in a tiny percentage but I have to be honest. Barry and I have traveled to Thompson, ohio (3 times)------- Norwalk Ohio--- Clay City , Ky.--- Even though I enjoyed every trip. old age and health issues won't allow me to travel that far in the future. I really missed being at the Mason-Dixon race because its been several years since I got to see many of the northern racers. I hope that NHRA does invite us back to Bowling Green even though it appears that we can't get much of a turnout from our 348-409 group. That was an eleven hour drive for us and I can do that. FWIW, I fell in love with Bowling Green. The dragstrip, people, motels, restaurants, everything!!!! Even if we don't go back I want to thank Al again for putting last years event together. Don't know what the future holds for us but I hope there is some reason to go back to Bowling Green.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Ronnie, thanks for the nice comments. I, too, made two trips to Thompson, OH and that's where I met you for the first time. You helped me with my carburetor linkage in 2010. Anyhow we'll see how this shakes out . Believe me I see both sides and yes , no one is getting any younger.... Thanks ..Al

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I think Bowling Green is a great track and the gathering we all had was first class. The thing that would keep me from going in 2017 would be the heat! I did not enjoy my stay. Now that I have an enclosed 26' trailer I could bring my big gen. And run my air in the camper I guess. Heat index was over 100 degs for two days, not for me, that sucked!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bowling Green has always been hot & humid every time we have been to the Hot Rod Reunion. I was not looking forward to the weather. Would rather have gone to Mason Dixon. Years ago the HRR was held at National Trail in Columbus OH. Amazing how the couple hundred miles north affected the temperature.

I love the facility at Bowling Green, the track personnel have always been good to us but the heat is just out of sight.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Living in central Mo its was like summer here.
The Mason Dixon pull for us would be 13+ hours but I am sure most of you guys have much more time in a trip.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I can go to either one.I really enjoyed both.Mason-Dixon is a bit farther away,but it's like "old home week" up there.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Its a same we have this offer to put on a show and now may not be.
How about we offer stuff for sale to put the money in a tow fund.
I am sure I have some stuff to offer up to help.

T-REXblown409

I think Bowling Green is a great track and the gathering we all had was first class. The thing that would keep me from going in 2017 would be the heat! I did not enjoy my stay. Now that I have an enclosed 26' trailer I could bring my big gen. And run my air in the camper I guess. Heat index was over 100 degs for two days, not for me, that sucked!

The heat index is 105-110 here we liked Bowling Green

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I thoroughly enjoyed everything. I did come down from Stockton where i had spent a few days in 100 deg, but must admit the humidity was a real BI_TCH. :shower
No i wont be back next year and really appreciate for all of those who have to travel hours & hours each way to attend this great meet, that it would be same not to see it carry on.
But I'm being selfish as from a spectators point of view.

It would be another 2 -3 years before we will be back in the US and if i'm able to make it back to such an awesome event, then i certainly will be.

Gav

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Bowling Green is Awsum... :burnoutmy second year for the Hot Rod Reunion, and I'll be back, driving 18 hours from Colorado as long as I can help it, AND the 348-409'ers class was the nitro in the tank. I surely understand and sympathize with anyone that can't make it however, and surely hope we can keep this awsum event going.
Remember when we were kids :happy, and the weather stopped us from nothing.....Well, (being from cool, dry Colorado), I guess I'm still a kid, cuz I was havin' such a blast with you guys, I didn't take note of the weather :laugh2!!!

Thanks Al, Martin and ALL your guys that made this a SPECIAL event for all of us, and let me know if there is anything I/ we, can do to keep this thing goin'. :winner

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Wherever you decide to go is a long haul for me. Yes I would try to make it. Hopefully better luck than my 2016 trip. Only time will tell. Hoping for something a little closer to the West coast.

de31168

Well Known Member
You can also consider that as long as it fits into the rules (as i'm sure most would) you can race Nostalgia Super Stock at the same event. There could still be a 348-409 gathering, just as part of another class.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ya know.....................I was looking back at the thread from last year when Al first asked us if we wanted to do this and, it is almost the same discussion that we are having now. We need 16 cars to have our own class OUR OWN CLASS, at one of the biggest events NHRA has. Yes it was hot........ HOOOTTTT and it was a long drive for a lot of people, and I feel bad trying to push this event because I only live 30 minutes from the track, but for a bunch of RACERS to be asked by the NHRA to ..........
Come and play in the NHRA well that is the ultimate compliment. last year we had 29 entries, 2 had problems and couldn't make it, 2 broke and couldn't compete, we still had a good show good enough for them to want us back, so the question or the poll should be do you want the Mason Dixon event or the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion
so I don't know if we can change our votes or we need to start a new poll, but that is what this poll is all about...........................after thinking about it I guess I'll just start a new thread.
thanks
Martin

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think the "no trans-brake" rule hurt our turn out at Bowling Green this year. Maybe we can re-think that.