NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
So Al what do we need to do exactly to get this going, and what is the dead line, the way I'm reading this is you need to get a 16 car line up by September 7, 2015 so we can get included in their plans and be on their schedule of events, If there is anyway I can help, let me know.

alloy409

Well Known Member
Martin et al......yes, we need a minimum of 16 committed race cars to make our class. Ideally, it would be nice to have as many as 32.

Regarding the owner and car profile sheet and car photo, they should be sent to Brian Labombard (BSL409). He will be collecting this information for us. Please send to him the following information: driver's name; address; age; car make, model, engine specifications or any other stand out characteristics you want known about your car, ie. had it since high school, original owner, survivor car, copo, etc. Also, if there's any additional personal info you want noted such as a father and son team or that you 've been racing for 30 years, etc. please feel free to include.

This compiled information will be used by the announcer in the tower when you go to stage your car for the race. It also might be used in a promotion piece so be sure to include a high resolution picture of your car so a good quality copy can be produced.

A commitment and this profile information must be sent to Brian as soon as possible but no later than Sept. 7 .

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We were planning to attend this last year but life got in the way. Might be up for this event, but I don't think Ms Bela will help out your goal of 16 cars to race, but you can count us for now.

Bill and Linda

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:burnoutHey guys if you want to take a look at what the track itself has to offer go to Beechbend.com they have a huge campground, an amusement park for the family, and the grandstands are covered, while you are looking, and I don't want to be pushy, but time is not on our side I think we should start a Drag race list to see who exactly is interested so if you guys don't care, I will start the list and we can go from there, after we get the 16 (no problem) maybe we can make a formal sheet for our information, and get things started, I am not trying to take charge but I really think this an honor and could be a big event, and a great time to be had by everyone, so come on guys lets get it send me a pm or just post in this thread and I will get you on the list

Drag Race List

(1)Lonnie and Scott Hall 1962 Super Sport Impala 409 C.I. Automatic Best E.T. 11:60 115 MPH
(2)Martin Key 1962 Belair Sport Coupe 409 C.I. 4 Speed Best E.T. ? ? MPH
(3)Joel (awsumcars) 1962 Belair Post 409 C.I. Automatic Best E.T. 12:96 MPH 112

thanks
Martin

Spectators

Last edited:

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Drag Race List
(1)Lonnie and Scott Hall 1962 Super Sport Impala 409 C.I. Automatic Best E.T. 11:60 115 MPH
(2)Martin Key 1962 Belair Sport Coupe 409 C.I. 4 Speed Best E.T. ? ? MPH
(3)Joel (awsumcars) 1962 Belair Post 409 C.I. Automatic Best E.T. 12:96 MPH 112
(4)Bryan Fugate 1963 Super Sport 409 C.I.
(5)La Hot Rods
(6) TomK 1962 Belair 409C.I.
(7) MHRP (Brian) 1962 Super Port 409 (stroked) 4 Speed
(8) Mike Bell 1958 DelRay 409 C.I. 4 Speed
thanks
Martin

Last edited:

de31168

Well Known Member
Mark me down. I'd like to go. I know when we went to the 2010 348-409 shootout there was some 40 cars running in both categories. I have no doubt that everyone could put on a heck of a show for them!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Loreen and I are planning on coming... If I can manage to not break anything major in the next year I will race.. What hotel is everyone staying at??
Rick

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Ricky I am going to get in touch with some of the hotels and see what kind of deal i can get for our club might take a couple of days but i will post as soon as i can

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
After missing this year, I really want to go and this gives me even more reason. I'll even commit to racing even though I may have the slowest car. I should even have the paint done right by then.

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Drag Race List
(1) Lonnie and Scott Hall 1962 Super Sport Impala 409 C.I. Automatic Best
(2) Martin Key (Bub6le 2op) 1962 Belair Sport Coupe 409 C.I. 4 Speed
(3) Joel (awsumcars) 1962 Belair Post 409 C.I. Automatic Best E.T. 12:96
(4) Bryan Fugate 1963 Super Sport 409 C.I. Automatic
(5) La Hot Rods
(6) TomK 1962 Belair 409 C.I.
(7) MHRP (Brian) 1962 Super Port 409 (stroked) 4 Speed
(8) Mike Bell 1958 DelRay 409 C.I. 4 Speed
(9) Mark steele
(10) Quickshift 409 (Shan)
(11) de31168

ok Jim list is getting bigger you ready to commit now, remember this is the SUPERBOWL of Racing

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Numbers 5 and 6 on your list are a team (James Schrader and Tom Kochtanek) and while we have several "W" cars, we'll likely be racing just the one 1962 BA 409 car :).

Should be a fun gathering!

TomK