NHRA Hot Rod Reunion

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
5 from the left in back row is me.
Got you James, hiding behind other people, Got Ray, Bryan, Tom ,Scott, Lonnie, Phil, and a few others i think
But would be great to know who the guy with the hat is and that other guy with the facial hair:lmao

Steve

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got you James, hiding behind other people, Got Ray, Bryan, Tom ,Scott, Lonnie, Phil, and a few others i think
But would be great to know who the guy with the hat is and that other guy with the facial hair:lmao

Steve
There are ten guys with a hat, and a few with facial hair. can you narrow that down!!! :scratch

Lonnie

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gav, thank you for the complement on the 62.
I didn't get around that much the 3 days as the heat was really bothering me for some reason. Don't see that many 90 degree day in Michigan, as The Great Lakes keep us a little cooler. And my back was acting up for some reason , so I sat under the trees to keep cool and keep from moving around. Hope to meet you when come back, you are always welcome to drive the 62 with the top down.

Dave
Dave, Hopefully i can take you up on the offer in the future.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork equals success! Made it home safely. Had a wonderful event. Just want to thank everyone who participated and helped make this a huge success. Thanks for good weather and Martin, you're just like that Energizer Bunny...you just keep going! I enjoyed so much working with you! Phil and Candy, it was so good to see you both. Dick, thanks for the timing chain cover. Allen George and Alan MacKenzie thank you for the drivers meeting and the race ladder. Barry and Ronnie, thanks for picking up my fuel. Ray, I have ordered a smaller dumpster for next year so it will be easier to find your time slip. Congratulations to Allen George...you brought home the bacon. Congratulations to Lonnie Hall, look up the word competitor and there he stands. Congratulations to Jay Gould, you really know how to build 'em. Congratulations to Randy, with a 003 light. And, Gav, what can I say?! You are our very first #1 fan. Thanks so much for making the trip. Remember.....we need to up the ante on cars for next year. It gives us all something to work toward.

Al, the pleasure was all mine. I'm home now and I will be looking of a position in my shed where i can set my trophy and the signed valve cover with pride. This was totally unexpected but will be put up with great pride.

I do feel that i didn't spend enough time with the whole team, but with the racing the car show and having to drop the wife off for shopping and picking her up again took time at from where i would have liked to be spending it.

But rest assured, I WILL BE BACK, so be afraid VERY AFRAID:D.

Gav

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Who is going to put the names to the faces for all of us that were not there??

I can recognize a few but quite a few i dont know

Steve
I have shot images of all the guys here in Bowling Green. I have a new camera and have no idea how to reduce the file size to post images on the forum. I have a couple of 100 images. This one I managed to fit!!!

I'll try to get a couple of more up

Great Cars & Even Better Folks -!!!!:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl

This was only a few of them, maybe Dennis (Phalen409) can post a pic of the group photo that was taken on the Thursday afternoon.

Gav

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I've been extremely busy trying to get caught back up with work. I shot over 200 images and will post a few soon. The rest will be dropped to a flash drive and mailed to Al to have and possibly get out to others.

D

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Take a ride in the Prehistoric Rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car is owned by Gary Jespersen of Colorado Springs. It is being driven by Rob Walden. The glare on the windshield is the track runs west and this was probably shot in the late afternoon. Gary also had this car at the Convention in Greta Bend.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

T-REXblown409

The pictures and video are great! Thanks to everyone for posting them. :clap
I noticed Dave Mills' Chevy II dropped out after the first time trial. I'm guessing there was a mechanical problem. Nothing serious I hope.

Sounds like a plan Mark. :beer
Even though I didn't make it to the event,,, I'd still like to get a T shirt. :winner
Thank you for finding me the last1 I'll see you next year it was nice to meet you I have pics of your car at Great Bend.