NIA convention

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Got a letter from Jody Anderson today. He is having his "National" National Impala Convention in Tulsa, OK next summer the last week in June. Jody spent some time in KC a couple of months ago trying to arrange his convention here. I thought it was going to be here until today's news. Jody spent an afternoon with me back then talking about the KC area and everything. I told him I would help but also informed him that this would cost me many thousands of dollars. He said why.............and I said with all the guys coming to KC..........I had to completely clean out and fix up my shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right Cecil???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyway....said the move to Tulsa was going to help me out!!!

Anyway...........Jody can always use new members and he is running a great organization. I think the membership is only $35 a year and you get the color magazines ever other month. His conventions always include one day at a race track. I know that's not enough for most of us but does give some of his attendees a day at the track. I think his conventions run Sun thru Thurs.

So maybe some of our southern members and other close can attend. I'm sure I'll be there to see the cars. Just another alternative for some of us. Check him out at www.nationalimpala.com. Denny Ford's Biscayne is on the home page.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No way should you clean up your shop!:nono1: I feel right at home there and I'm sure everyone else expects to see it just as it is. After all, you're an institution, or............ maybe you should be in an institution.:scratch
:D:roll

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Can the members vote to determine which version of "institution"?
robert

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
A clean shop is a sign of a dirty mind !!!

I guess Phil, Cecil and me are safe !!!:cool:

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I spoke with Jody Anderson at length today about the 2010 NIA convention in Tulsa. It will be the end of June next year. Jody needs some help from someone in the Tulsa area with the drag racing portion of the event. He needs someone to help out coordinating the day (1 day) at the dragstrip. Anyone in that area that may have the time to help? Such as contact a local strip, arrange to run the NIA cars on a Test & Tune day or with another small venue.

Jody's contact info:
National Impala Association
5400 43rd Ave So
Minneapolis, MN 55417
612-727-2404
612-726-6464 fax
www.NationalImpala.com