No audio but it don't get no better!

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Flat towin' brand new cars (under 10 years old is 'brand new' haha) to the drags, so freakin cool. Wish I could've lived it. Great video I'm glad you posted it

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Only thing I did not see was the rope tied from the steering wheel to the vent window post!

Those that understand no explanation needed.

Others, here's the deal.

As you flat towed a car, sometimes when you turned a corner too close one of the front tires of the towed car would turn the wrong way. All of a sudden you either thought you were towing a freight train(based on how much HP your 6cyl tow vehicle had) or you heard this incredible screeching noise of your towed vehicles front wheels turned completely sideways dragging a flat spot on your front tires!!
Sometimes before you could run them on the front without the bounce you would get with an out of balanced front tire you had to take drastic action.
That was, mount them on the rear and light them up to make them round again .

Still incredibly fun times!!

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........great video Ray - thanx.....:cool:......I understand this is Pomona but what is the reference to Lyons, it certainly isn't
the 'LIONS' strip in Long Beach.......:rub

El Rat

Well Known Member
Great video. Back in those days most folks couldn't tell a 409 from a 348 particularly if you moved the dipstick.