No good deed goes unpunished!!

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Some of you know when I was racing the 61 409 I told the story of never being able to finish off a certain Dodge A990 426 Hemi in 65-66.
Long story made short about 10 years ago I stumbled onto a 65 Dodge needing to be finished. I bought it we finished it and had it at a car show. A guy walks up and said “my dad use to own this car”! We talked, he showed me photos, etc and it was THE car that I could never beat!!!
We got together about 5 years ago for him to have a reunion with the Dodge. Lots of stories, etc.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, his son called and said his father had passed away and would I bring the car(I had it lettered like it was back then) to his fathers funeral.
Kind of a strange request, but I was honored and off I went.
Now scroll to the last photo.

827A0E28-2B38-4105-9E71-A6BA641CB245.jpeg4D071176-8EEC-444E-87C1-34EDA00C00DC.jpegC1E3F47F-7841-45BD-AE3E-63B11B468682.jpegDF28A634-4CD6-4C72-B8D7-4B1407CFB9A5.jpeg
As I got back home later that day I had the car out front of the house, needed to move a car out of the driveway.

While waiting, I took the tie down straps off all 4 wheels.

When ready, I simply backed the trailer down the drive and stopped. Simple enough!!

However, as I was backing up and I stopped I heard this strange unloading noise and I could feel the trailer lurch!!!

I look back and the Dodge had partially unloaded itself!!

Seems my trailer being a bit slick on the aluminum deck and the Dodge with the emergency brake on physics took over and the weight merely slid off!

As I surveyed the situation I discovered I could not get the ramps out!!!

I had to grab some wood, build up a mini ramp, raise the front of the trailer,
make sure the oil pan hanging down would clear and FINALLY off came the ENTIRE car!!

Unbelievable!!

Later I had a good laugh, the guy we honored had beaten me again :) :) :)

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That was a wonderful gesture on your part. You sure it slid down or was it backed down by the origional driver?

Now that's worth a thought Wristpin Pat might have a haunted Mopar now. I think its time to buy some sticky sided sandpaper and lay some down on your trailer, and that was darn nice of you to take your car to the funeral and I'm also glad your car didn't get hurt.

Mark

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's a mopar thing, had that happen with my charger.
I always run the jack up on the trailer to take some angle out of the ramps. So at KCIR one day I jacked up the trailer turned around and the car was off the trailer. :drop
Good on you Pat, for sharing with the family and friends.