Nor Cal

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I am spending the week in Nor Cal, particularly San Jose, Santa Clara and today San Francisco.
A couple of observations, Stayed in the Hyatt Santa Clara past 3 nights, No Fox channels on the cable TV
Went for a short but steep walk around SF, China Town has a couple of flags flying, one the US flag the other the Communist China flag.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I am spending the week in Nor Cal, particularly San Jose, Santa Clara and today San Francisco.
A couple of observations, Stayed in the Hyatt Santa Clara past 3 nights, No Fox channels on the cable TV
Went for a short but steep walk around SF, China Town has a couple of flags flying, one the US flag the other the Communist China flag.

Not that I'm a fan of J. Edgar Hoover cause I'm not but I wish he was running the F.B.I. right now I bet he would have those Asians under surveillance.

Mark

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
When I think of Nor Cal, I think of redwoods, good fishing rivers, forests, small towns along the 101,(those going to Samoa for the 409 meet in August will see this),Mt. Shasta, Mt Lassen, an entirely different world than what you just described. San Jose is the most conventional city in the bay area, but I just can't contaminate the image of Nor Cal by including the bay into it. My daughter graduated with honors from Berkeley,she worked very hard just to get in, she certainly didn't qualify because of some protected class status, and she teaches high school English in Alameda. She doesn't even care to cross the bridge into SF. The east bay isn't nearly as bad as the left side of the bay. I always refer to those places mentioned in the first post as "the Bay Area", not Nor Cal. Too bad they weren't happy until they turned this whole state into a liberal third world urban toilet.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
San Francisco was a really neat city. Lots of nice, small restaraunts in downtown and the wharf/cannery row was great, however I haven't been there in about 30 years so who knows now.

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Last time anyone wanted to watch the Giants they were still in New York

Not exactly:
The Giants have won six pennants and three World Series championships since arriving in San Francisco. Those three championships have come in 2010, 2012, and most recently in 2014, having defeated the Kansas City Royals four games to three during the 2014 World Series.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
When I think of Nor Cal, I think of redwoods, good fishing rivers, forests, small towns along the 101,(those going to Samoa for the 409 meet in August will see this),Mt. Shasta, Mt Lassen, an entirely different world than what you just described. San Jose is the most conventional city in the bay area, but I just can't contaminate the image of Nor Cal by including the bay into it. My daughter graduated with honors from Berkeley,she worked very hard just to get in, she certainly didn't qualify because of some protected class status, and she teaches high school English in Alameda. She doesn't even care to cross the bridge into SF. The east bay isn't nearly as bad as the left side of the bay. I always refer to those places mentioned in the first post as "the Bay Area", not Nor Cal. Too bad they weren't happy until they turned this whole state into a liberal third world urban toilet.

If I could "like" this several times I would do so. My dad, sis and niece are Berkeley grads and hopefully it still means something other than a city being taken over by idiots.

Clint

Well Known Member
Not exactly:
The Giants have won six pennants and three World Series championships since arriving in San Francisco. Those three championships have come in 2010, 2012, and most recently in 2014, having defeated the Kansas City Royals four games to three during the 2014 World Series.
Correct!

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Struck a nerve! One of the very few things over the hill worth watching. Amazing how even a bad baseball game is better than most of the stuff on tv these days.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Hi Greg,
The reason we go to the Bay Area is to catch up with my eldest son, up until February he was a Senior Auto Pilot hardware Engineer with Tesla, he pulled the pin and now is the Lead Electrical Engineer with a start up called BoxBot in Oakland.
We went to Napa Valley on Saturday, and Sunday to Nevada City then up to Lake Tahoe North, today we drove from SF to Murphys via the long route via Oakland North, Orinda, San Pablo, down to East Valeijo across via the 12 to Lido, Copperopolis, and the 4 through to Murphys. Fantastic scenery. Off to Yosemite tomorrow, saw a pickup with a Trump flag flowing off the back so maybe further East things change.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Greg,
The reason we go to the Bay Area is to catch up with my eldest son, up until February he was a Senior Auto Pilot hardware Engineer with Tesla, he pulled the pin and now is the Lead Electrical Engineer with a start up called BoxBot in Oakland.
We went to Napa Valley on Saturday, and Sunday to Nevada City then up to Lake Tahoe North, today we drove from SF to Murphys via the long route via Oakland North, Orinda, San Pablo, down to East Valeijo across via the 12 to Lido, Copperopolis, and the 4 through to Murphys. Fantastic scenery. Off to Yosemite tomorrow, saw a pickup with a Trump flag flowing off the back so maybe further East things change.

you definitely weren't in San fran when you saw that flag:doh

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
8e0b0df0e6b049806d18aa45382c4e9679bebfd53580270ebb4c5d2d6ee2a962.jpg