Nor Cal

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If I could "like" this several times I would do so. My dad, sis and niece are Berkeley grads and hopefully it still means something other than a city being taken over by idiots.
I lived in Berkeley in the late 70's. Of course I was young and partied a lot so I didn't mind most of the insanity either in the town or when we partied around the UC. However Berkeley and the UC are the definitions of anti America sentiment, self loathing individuals, and hate for all that doesn't agree with them. It was like that then, and it is worse now.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
More on my daughter, Berkeley, and my take on the whole thing. In order to get into a UC school , especially if you're not a member of a protected class based on race, gender, gender preference, lack of gender, international citizenship, or some other thing that moves you to the head of the line ahead of the rest of us, you had to really work at it. Once there, in order to complete an advanced degree in the allotted time frame, you go to class every day, study into the night, have very little of a life, inhabit the various libraries, and really beat the bushes to maintain the all important GPA. You don't have time to involve yourselves in campus protests, demonstrations in support of whatever dumb thing that professional instigators dream up, none of which has one thing to do with your major, and when you finally graduate with a degree from the college and again from your major, you emerge like a hibernating organism once again into the bright sunlight of spring.Most of the protests, the problems that make the news, etc. are spawned by non-students. If you instigated a protest that incited a riot causing injuries, disruption of the school calendar, and hundreds of thousands in damage,and they arrested a bunch of you and processed you, and it was discovered you were currently enrolled there, how long do you think that would last? After expulsion, would you ever get into another UC school, or anywhere else for that matter?My daughter then got a teaching credential from a UCLA program, then went back up to the bay area near where she lived, and aced one of her first interviews. Not too many times do they tell you that you are hired during the initial interviews. She's in her fourth or fifth academic year of teaching , and is completing her Master's degree. I'm very proud of her. Her brother graduated from UC Irvine about ten years ago, got his credential and his Master's in education, he's been teaching for about six or seven years. All I can say, having a houseful of intelligencia such as this makes me wonder where they got it.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
8e0b0df0e6b049806d18aa45382c4e9679bebfd53580270ebb4c5d2d6ee2a962.jpg
That's a liberal undercover cop assigned to blen in with the democrats for surveillance purposes.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Most of the protests, the problems that make the news, etc. are spawned by non-students.

Glad to hear your daughter has done so well, especially graduating from the school she has. I do have to take one exception with your post though. And that is above. While there are definitely people that come from elsewhere to create problems, to say that most are from elsewhere, I think is incorrect. Kinda like Boston. Almost all of those people were from somewhere else also. Not that I am any kind of expert, however I do work for the U.C. ( not Berkeley but very close ) and work often with their PD and I have a different opinion is all.