North Carolina roads are smooth

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Was at my son’s place last week. Compared to Michigan roads around Greensboro the roads are smooth as glass, I cant say I like the shoulders that well.
the roads have a high crown with no curb. My 62 Impala’s steering has a little play, as all old cars do, so it so happens I wondered into the shoulder and hit a nice hole. Had a Blowout & cut the tire in 3 places. I believe the wheel is a goner also. Good thing I had the trailer with me and my son has a lift.
Drove back to Michigan yesterday without both 62 or trailer. My son is going to fix the small problem & have some seat time in the 62 before Thanksgiving, when he will tow both back to Michigan.EE8655D5-B1EF-4C5D-B25F-D8A4DFEF6EC1.jpeg

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I marked up the other side front wheel earlier, so I‘m ordering both front wheels to go along with the one new tire.
The old wheels where zero off-set. But I’m thinking the car would look better with a wheel closer to the fender line, so I’m going try a +10 off-set to push wheel tire combo out word.
we will see how that looks.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Waiting for a new tire, but in the mean time I decided to change plans and have the wheel repaired if possible.
But I’m keeping the 62 at my son‘s in Greensboro over the winter, in his heated garage, so my Sierra will be at least in my garage in Michigan this winter.
You can see my sons 62 wagon in corner of the photos . I picked up all the braces and floors that the Cars Inc. had and we decided to use my 62 a measuring buck if he needs it, anyway his garage is heated & air condition and mine isn’t.815EBF33-C869-4BD6-8A43-6F1A2D731312.jpeg

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Took the wheel to be repaired, but Wheel isn’t repairable, you can’t see it, but there is a crack.
So we ordered a new wheel from Summit. As soon as my son receives the tire & wheel the car is coming down off the lift And his wagon is going back up. Hopefully my son can get most of the floor work done on his wagon this winter, but his youngest son is in travel hockey, we will see.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
The roads here are good.

get