Northeaster Finally Gone

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Our winds have subsided considerable but been an interesting 48 hours around here. Just a little bit of soffit blown away but the biggest inconvenience was no power last night! Oh well dinner by candlelight.
Seriously, I have neighbors with significant roof damage and another with siding damage along with the usual trees down. The car's garage has some tree issues but other then debris blown under the doors they did ok. one of the big hotels over at Ocean City had some structure damage and a wall "blew out" The dehumidifiers sure ran allot at the car's garage.
I guess the storm has headed up to Canada to Don's. Good luck
Gonna put the generator hookup to the house soon.
Robert

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Robert that sounds pretty wild down there. Up here in Ct we had up to a foot of wet snow as close as 6 miles away and i had 1/2 inch. It was an elevation thing over 1000 ft heavy snow and rain everywhere else. Glad to hear your cars were okay. Vin

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
We got 6/8" of snow, wet stuff. I call it tree trimmer. Power on/off a dozen times, internet down two days. Had to fire up the backhoe to clear trees off my driveway, no way the rzr was going to push all that wet snow mixed with down trees.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
How much snow can you push with that rzr Ray?
Depends, wet or dry. Wet, maybe 8" 10" possible. Problem with the wet is the plow usually digs in to the thawed ground. Dry, light snow, until it comes over the top of the plow and then some. With me in the rzr I guess its weight at 1500 lbs. it has an 800 cc engine and plenty of power, rear axle is live with four wheel drive. I was impressed with what it will push.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 16

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That's a pretty Kool vehicle.:appl We got a foot here, where we live. You're right, it was Heavt Stuff.:confused

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We had about 14" of snow at the house with some wind. We were lucky and didn't loose power, but several areas around us were out for a while. The ground is quite warm and the snow is probably down to 8" or so already.

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Depends, wet or dry. Wet, maybe 8" 10" possible. Problem with the wet is the plow usually digs in to the thawed ground. Dry, light snow, until it comes over the top of the plow and then some. With me in the rzr I guess its weight at 1500 lbs. it has an 800 cc engine and plenty of power, rear axle is live with four wheel drive. I was impressed with what it will push.
that's some crazy amount of snow there Ray. :plow

Gav

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
An interesting feat of nature occurs in my area during or just after a serious north easter storm goes by. We can receive the usual flood waters but as the storm moves up the coast it can take the water in our bay and rivers out to the ocean. I live on an active commercial river with much barge traffic carrying oils, gravel and grains. These are temporarily suspended. So... Don and you guys up in the Nova Scotia area if you are finished with the storm could you send our river back? Thanks
Robert

iwh+tDyeSX+pW0aUIX5qww.jpg1YWDi3hORXuGsGpDkAu95w.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Not in this area but seriously that occurred several years ago in the river to our north. The lack of water exposed a 58 or 59 Cadillac with a man and a woman’s remains. It was thought they had run away to Georgia many years ago as they went missing on a bitter cold night and no one ever saw them again. He was a decent businessman and everyone thought they had restructured their lives as they weren’t married to each other! It was surmised black ice and some river ice caused the car to go farther out into the channel and no evidence of off roading.
I did look out there toward the channel but nothing of interest.
Robert