Norwalk

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
July 27-29

Seeing DQ again would be something I just can't afford to miss :).

He'll probably miss his white '62, so I'll have to give him a ride in mine, assuming it makes the trek safely and without event :).

Plans are for me to drive out and hang with Mom just before the weekend, then party with the Gang at Norwalk. Hopefully I will be able to drive her back home safely!

Cheers!
TomK

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom,were looking forward to your Junkyard stories,heres of a photo at Norwalk in 2005 when you were telling us about one of trips to a junkyard.

MVC-005F.jpg

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Tommy " The Wheel Man " and I were just discussing where we are going this year. Norwalk came to mind. Will have to start planning for it. As of yet my 62 hasn't been a strip. Are there safety requirements I can get a hold of so I can make sure I can race? Hate to go all that way and be booted off the track.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The blue Suede Cruise at Norwalk Raceway Park is not a sanctioned race. There is no safety inspection. Use common sense safety practice and run what ya brung! :beerbang

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah, Norwalk's a great place to just run the car down the track a time or two. They even let you take passengers. It's kinda like a big cruise night, only it happens to be at a dragstrip.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I`m gonna try and make it !

Just don`t know,,, I have to get a second job this summer working nights to pay down some debts until I can sell these dang lots I have.

We`ll see,,,dq

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
No dragsters!

They did, however, revoke the rights to one fine 409 powered dragster :(. He and she both got a few runs in prior to that, as I recall. Maybe it went too fast, Tony? Or maybe it was Bonnie that went toooo fast?

Best,
TomK

P.S. You might have to remove your hubcaps, but I saw a lot of stock cars go down the strip just for fun. My favorites included that blonde in the Catalina convertible (top down, hair flying in the breeze, lookin' good!) and the older gentleman in the Edsel station wagon :).

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We see in the Norwalk ad that it is for street rods 72 and older and that the same guy owns the track. We also read somewhere a while ago that they were going to have a sanctioned race with 3 different nostalgic super stock class races. These races were limited to first come first serve with their entry fees. We don't believe that they will let us race our rail and we wonder how accommodating the track will be to letting us have our "Fred Trotten Memorial Race"? We are hoping for another Clay City race so if anyone has been in touch with Clay City or needs help in putting it together let us know what I can do to help.

Tom, we have had long discussions about who went faster...Bonnie did of course