Nostalgia drags downunder this week end

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dick

Cruising out with a whole bunch of friends and their cars. They include a 1968 440 Satelite, a 1969 440 SuperBee, a 68 Camaro small block, a 69 Roadrunner with an angry little crate 360 and a 48 Chevy pickup with a bad blown 350.

The forcast looks good and I have a video. :D

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
That sounds like a real nice line-up Carl!

Can't wait to see pics or video if possible.

Ron

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys

I've had computer issues over the past week or so. :grumble:

The Nostalgia drags in Sydney have been run and won. It was a great day, one of the best turn out of cool cars I have seen in Australia. :cool:
All the guys I cruised out with all raced and drove home without any problems.:D

Well, I just couldn't get the power to the ground. :bang The M/T et radials are going to take a while to get used to. I'm about a second too slow. Still managed a couple of mid twelve passes with well over two second sixty footers. :rolleyes: Back to the drawing board with my rear end tune if I'm going to persevere with the drag radials. :scratch

Here are some links from the day.

www.ozrodders.com
www.badgerphotography.com.au

chevytaylor

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
nice pics......looks like a good time was had by all. i really like the 64 cyclone as well. still cant imagine yankin gears left handed.

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys

The 64 Cyclone won the US muscle class. Has an angry 302 automatic between the fenders. Usually runs 12.70's, he had a slight misfiring engine, ran low 13's and still took out the event. A very consistent car. Whats cool is that John drives to the track, yanks his slicks from out of the trunk, bolts them up and goes racin!!

Unfortunately it looks like I've damaged my gear box. Fifth gear. (again). Have a tricked turbo 400 under the bench, would be a lot less stress on everything. Any thoughts???????:rolleyes:

jr.W

Well Known Member
Was just curious if you had the tremic trans I heard they had problems 2.
Maybe you need to go to a ST-10 4 speed or jerico.:beerbang :beerbang

p.s. car looks and sounds goooood.