Nostalgia Drags Shelton, Washington

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just wondered if anyone here was going to attend this event. It would nice to meet others from this site.

Attachments

• Drags.jpg
    Drags.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 93

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Figures, My pontiac friend from fife will be back here in kansas then. Would be cool to get up that way sometime. Id like to see that part of the country. (and possibly bigfoot:stooges )

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
You bet your buttons we'll be there.

A group of us are coming up to kick some WA tail:roll :roll
So far there is 5 of us but only 2 409's, Steve and myself. I just had knee surgery Wednesday so I may have to put my wife behind the wheel, we'll see.
I am looking forward to meeting you.

Are you participating?

Paul

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You bet your buttons we'll be there.

A group of us are coming up to kick some WA tail:roll :roll
So far there is 5 of us but only 2 409's, Steve and myself. I just had knee surgery Wednesday so I may have to put my wife behind the wheel, we'll see.
I am looking forward to meeting you.

Are you participating?

Paul

Paul, I am not going to run my car but will have my car there. Some of my buddies will be running...better look out...:roll :roll :roll I look forward to meeting you as well.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
"Where's Shelton Dragstrip?", at least that's what it said on our time slips.

What a great event. Five of us drove up for the event, raced and had a great time. The facility is sparse but they are trying real hard to make it a functional dragstrip again, it had closed in 1968. There was plenty of room for camping and pits and the staff bent over backwards to make you happy.

We met Tripower (Dan) on Saturday and what a great guy and you ought to see his "61 what a beauty. It will be real sweet when he gets the W motor in it.

I don't know what it was about Shelton but my car ran real good there. It might be because of the newness of the track or something but after my first run of 13.63 @ 104mph she busted out following runs of 13.17 and .16 @ 106.6mph. I haven't run that good in a couple of years.

None of our group took home the hardware, Steve Gregory came the closest but we all had a great time. I broke out in the 2nd round with a 13.178 on a 13.18 dial in and beat the guy to the stripe by 2 layers of chrome.

There were some teething issues by the staff but I highly recommend this event next year (as long as they get rid of the 6 exobition, 20 sec, smoke belching semi tractors).

Paul

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Paul, It was great meeting you and your buddies. Had a great time visiting with you guys. All of your cars were beauties...:clap :clap :clap and I think the only 409's there and, my car does have a W 348. One of Pauls buddies races a 62' Bel-Saber ...:roll :roll :roll with a 502. Neat car. I think the big rigs could go as well. There were some pretty wild rigs there though...All and all had a great time and got the major sunburn but it was worth it..:cool:

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Opps, my bad:doh I was thinking about the motor and car you are putting together.

Again, what a neat event and everyone in the Northwest should attend next year, we are.:clap

Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Garbageman; (as long as they get rid of the 6 exobition said:
I felt the same way when Super Chevy dropped the Pro Mods in favor of Roger Gustin and his jets!!!:cuss :cuss

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Should put those trucks in with the 9.90 cars.

They both stink,,,