Not 63 Dreamin' Anymore

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4

Ryan told me the story behind the car( when I met him @ the 2021 rock’n race) was that it came to him for paint…. he does the detailing….. the decals/ graphics or what appear to be decals on his car are handpainted ……Ryan was employed to paint the car and basically Ryan told the guy that he was keeping the car……. he told me the history of the car was that it’s been a gasser with a Straight Axle since 1965

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
View attachment 71862View attachment 71863View attachment 71864View attachment 71865Growing up a 63 gasser style with a straight axle canary yellow with a tilt forward front a 409 no hood and a tunnel ram with velocity stacks.....that was my dream car.......Well besides that 63Z 11.......I would never cut the rear wheel wells like in these examples the car would have to sit high enough to be over the tire
It’s freaky…… look’n around internet came across the 63 of my dreams during my teen years……I can’t prove that this is the actual car, but I’m really sure ……when I was 16 through 18 street machine nationals used to be held on E. Washington Ave. in Madison Wisconsin and this guy showed up a couple years in a row ……it’s always been in my memory…..crazy…..As a young impressionable kid I can remember talking to the man who owned the car he had extended the spindles to get the front end as high as it was it had an LT-1 under hood…….It’s so cool how that all comes back…….I’ll have to look it up but I’m pretty sure Wisconsin license plates were yellow and black at that time
98D7D1A3-8C0E-49E8-B2DF-CC05CF1DC53B.jpeg
I did look it up 1980 through 1993 Wisconsin had yellow plates with black print

Last edited: