Not 63 Dreamin' Anymore

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Dave, they were in fargo. Transported to Wisconsin and James was going to pick it up at the drag strip. And from what I understand they changed the rules and now he can't run his car so James is going to pick them at his house.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I can remember years ago .....I was probably 16-17 years old that’s a long time ago......JC Whitney catalog used to sell fiberglass fenders ......and you could purchase them for 63 impala .......individual fenders not the whole front end.....And if my memory serves me correctly .....which it usually lets me down......... I wanna say they were like $123 or something......

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember when it was unheard of to have to travel out of your own town to pretty much get any fender, hood, engine, etc. I still cannot believe that all those cars and parts are gone. We bought so many cars and trucks from $35 to a couple hundred dollars. Lots of time it was something really stupid and they would park the car thinking it was gone. We would give them junk yard prices. Then we would often fix it right in their yard and drive it away, but not always.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I remember when it was unheard of to have to travel out of your own town to pretty much get any fender, hood, engine, etc. I still cannot believe that all those cars and parts are gone. We bought so many cars and trucks from $35 to a couple hundred dollars. Lots of time it was something really stupid and they would park the car thinking it was gone. We would give them junk yard prices. Then we would often fix it right in their yard and drive it away, but not always.

Ya got that right Jeff I paid $250 for my 61 Impala ragtop at Martin Chevrolet in 1968 not bad for a 7 yr. old car but in that amount of time the fenders over the headlights had rusted out by then .This must have been a Chevy option just like the option for rusted out beds over top of the rear wheels on pickup trucks that all the manufacturers still employ to this day even the Nippondenso ones too.

Mark

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I can remember years ago .....I was probably 16-17 years old that’s a long time ago......JC Whitney catalog used to sell fiberglass fenders ......and you could purchase them for 63 impala .......individual fenders not the whole front end.....And if my memory serves me correctly .....which it usually lets me down......... I wanna say they were like $123 or something......
I think they were heavier than the steel they replaced!

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Ok James, I thought I would make it easy for you and I made a list of parts that you will need for your 63. These are Factory part numbers, and all you need to do is go down and see Russ and Pat and take them your factory part numbers and build your car. Seems pretty simple to me.:cool::dunno:tauntP.S. you might want to take a lot of money with you ! Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT PHIL?20190927_221852.jpg