Not giving up (yet)...

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
So four years have passed and I'm trying to recover from being burned, now looking to pause for a bit to take stock of things. Here's where things stand now:

1962 Impala convertible2 2020.jpg
I've stripped the doors, the fenders, the trunk and cut the floor and trunk pans out. Had a bad experience with an alleged "body man" and am licking my wounds from that episode. My Dad purchased a one year old 1962 convertible back in the day, and I'd like to do this right to make him proud.

I'm anxiously following Dennis Jackson's 1962 Sport Coupe build and trying to save up for a similar effort :).

Look for a "Go Fund Me" page to set things right :) :) :).

Cheers! TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Original colors were Twilight Blue over Aqua with a White top. Dad's car was Ermine White over Aqua with a Black top. It's gonna be one of those two choices, not sure for now. I like the Twilight Blue a lot :).

Twilight Blue over Aqua.jpg

It's an Impala, not an SS, but I've got bucket seats and a console out of a donor car, so I might clone it as an "SS" car. I have a lot of SS trim parts for the conversion.

Drive train with definitely be a dual quad 409, not sure of transmission. Might be a TH400 as she'll be a top down cruiser :).

Unfortunately she needs a ton of new sheet metal. Plans are to go with that Full pan (rocker to rocker), new quarters, new trunk from corner to corner, etc. Long way to go, so I'm trying to save up for the effort :).

Cheers! TomK