nova on the way

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Looks like the 67 nova will be on its way here. As long as a clear title shows up. For the record, 1967 nova SS blown small block, caged tubbed, 9 inch 5.13 detroit locker, Weld wheels, drag radials, etc... Needs to be finished. Not that I need another project, but this Nova will be a gasser style, all business build. Nothing flashy or fancy. Flat black loud exhaust and two bucket seats. And yes it has fenderwell headers! I will probably drive it as is for now and if it is fun, put a straight axle under it. I hope it will be a cheap fun car. When it shows up, I will get some pictures. Has anyone here done a straight axle conversion on an early nova? I sure would like some info before I started the swap!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Looks like the 67 nova will be on its way here. As long as a clear title shows up. For the record, 1967 nova SS blown small block, caged tubbed, 9 inch 5.13 detroit locker, Weld wheels, drag radials, etc... Needs to be finished. Not that I need another project, but this Nova will be a gasser style, all business build. Nothing flashy or fancy. Flat black loud exhaust and two bucket seats. And yes it has fenderwell headers! I will probably drive it as is for now and if it is fun, put a straight axle under it. I hope it will be a cheap fun car. When it shows up, I will get some pictures. Has anyone here done a straight axle conversion on an early nova? I sure would like some info before I started the swap!

Congrats Brian!!!!! Sounds like a fun ride!!! Especially when you take out the small block and put a 409 in 'er!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap:cheers:cheers

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Talk to Ronnie or Dave Mills. I think they know a thing or two about Novas.:deal

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
nova

Will do Cecil. And no Phil, no 409 for this one. I was thinking of a smallblock 427 or somthing along those lines if the current motor is not enough. Current engine has yet to be fired. Builder says with 6 pounds of boost 500 horse or so. Should be enough for a while:roll. I'll try to post a picture. Front clip is off for painting, but you will get the idea.I slipped another one past the warden!!!;)

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian,
Review the Thompson video. If you see the way Dave Mills little Chevy II performs, you might reconsider the 409. I came home actually considering it for my 67, but decided against it, since it was originally a 327 4spd bench seat car and I have the L-79 warranty replacement 350 hp all ready to drop back in.:coffee:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That Chevy II at Thompson was a real show stopper......... Pretty wild ride I'm sure......... probably 70 MPH before he could see the track over the hood !!!!

Dave