Now for some with a few bucks.......

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I could be mistaken, but one would think if an item is for sale, they'd actually want to sell it rather than go through the motions of attempting to sell it.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
A complete z-11 engine, carb to pan with exhaust manifolds sold at Mecum Florida last year for $20,000. The gentlemen who is selling these parts on Hemmings is either dillusional or he doesn’t really want to sell.
I saw it....it was a 65 block and exhaust manifolds with Z-11 top half. It was not a Z-11 engine.

409envy

Well Known Member
I saw it....it was a 65 block and exhaust manifolds with Z-11 top half. It was not a Z-11 engine.

Fair enough but to be asking almost 3x the price for miscellaneous top end parts is a little ridiculous.

I bid on two sets of z11 heads last year and they sold for $6000 and $8000 respectively as I recall. There were also several sets of upper and lower intakes that went for reasonable money at Mecum.

And by your reasoning the engine you put together was not technically a z11 either given the QB suffix code. I know I’ll get flamed for that but.... :hide