NSCA US 131 MotorSports Park

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
What a GREAT weekend. I've been helping Jim with the "OL Reliable2" for seven years now and we have run the NSCA series the whole time. Meeting all you guys with the love of 409s this weekend has made this the best race I've ever attended!

Fred stopped by Friday afternoon and was the first to say hi. Jim K stopped by a number of times to share pictures he had taken and socialize. Met Denny, Ray & Bob in thier pits. Shan came by Saturday with some fantastic pictures! I met Gerry a couple years ago when I first fell in love with that black Belair.

Fred put a stomping on Leo Sekulski in the first round of elims with a .517 light and running a 11.776. As you say, "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time." :clap Way to go Fred!:bow

On a final note Jim Mac's "Ol Reliable" is a big block, 440 CI, with a G Force 4 speed. He ran aluminum 409 style engines until 2003 when the rule changes allowed the move to a big block. Rusty bought the engine he is running now from Jim and the other is still in the shop awaiting rebirth.

It was really great meeting you all! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Dick

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Fred ,Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if it's good that I started helping Denny again or not. I've got the racing fever again. Denny always was a bad influence on me! Just kidding I owe alot of who and what I am to him. He,s been a great friend all these years and I've met some new freinds through him like all you guys. Jim K really takes some great pics .Thanks Jim, but why did you take a picture of the slow!!!! golf cart:roll Bo

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Correction. It's a 4 speed

Hey, I like this MacKenzie guy more than ever, now. Didn't know it was a 4 speed. That makes it better. Nothing like rowing your own!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
golf carts

"Thanks Jim, but why did you take a picture of the slow!!!! golf cart ? Bo."

Well, now I guess I have to start working on the golf cart. Seems there has been a gauntlet thrown down.:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ol Reliable2's Old Engine

Dick MacKenzie said:
On a final note Jim Mac's "Ol Reliable" is a big block, 440 CI, with a G Force 4 speed. He ran aluminum 409 style engines until 2003 when the rule changes allowed the move to a big block. Rusty bought the engine he is running now from Jim and the other is still in the shop awaiting rebirth.

Dick

Here's a couple of photos of the old engine.

Attachments

• 000_0086.jpg
    000_0086.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 000_0087.jpg
    000_0087.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 46

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Rusty's Motor

What do you think of those valve covers? Are they Great or what? I'm not sure but I think Rusty did the castings of the "Chevrolet" script in his foundry, if not the entire valve cover.
:clap

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Valve covers

Those are some nice covers. I just figured they were something Lamar did. Gonna have to talk to Rusty.

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Nsca 131

I just want to say that all the 409 guys had a great time, even with the poor weather. Old friends reunited and new friends made. Bob had major problems with the drive line on the 64 but I still think he had a good time bench racing and talking old times. Denny not only qualfied #1 with a 10.757 on a 10.75 dial he also got A+ on the Hot wings and sausage he cooked for the group. Fred's 63 and Gerry's 61 both ran well and looked great. When OL Reliable and Rusty's Black 62 came off that line it was a sight to behold, if you don't believe me check out Jim K's picture. To all the members out there, if you are close to one of these events don't miss it because a good time will be had by all.
Shan Dalley

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Come on to Columbus

Shan, load that 62 up and come to Columbus. It's a nice looking car, and needs to be seen. You might even drop a half second before you leave there. I even know where you can stay.

We need to get the MacKenzies and Rusty Symmes pitted with us. Maybe we can learn someting from them. Whoever gets to Columbus first, just mark off a hundred yards. We can fill it, I hope.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
To All

Whomever is taking pictures just remember we like plenty of air under the front!!!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
rstreet said:
To All

Whomever is taking pictures just remember we like plenty of air under the front!!!

rstreet,I'm taking the photos,but I guess it's up to the driver to give me more air to shoot at.If they launch at 7,000 rpm,that would help :doh :D

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Lots of air

Ya gotta be quick to get mine with air under it. Doesn't last long. Now, take MacKenzie or Valerie, or Denny, you can wait a little longer. They come up and stay up a while !!!!!