'Nuther Newbie!

Bruce Smith

Thanks for the add. My plan is a bit off from most I've seen here. I have a 1964 Chevelle 300 Series two door station wagon. Since Chevrolet was still making the 348 and 409 in 1964, it would have been (theoretically) possible for Chevrolet to have built an early Chevelle with one of these iconic engines. I've decided to put a 348 in my wagon with an M21 4 speed behind it. I'm going to include the fender badging, but apparently Chevrolet didn't make the 348 fender numbers like they did for the 409, so I haven't decided what to do about that. Thoughts?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Regarding your interest in a "348" badging you are correct in that GM did not make a numeric badge (they did have some other indicators but those won't fit your vehicle). We did have a guy who slipped a 348 in a 1961 Pontiac and I believe he had a 348 badge that he had specially cast for the occasion. Not sure i that's something you would be interested in, it would be a one-off.

Good luck in your build!

TomK

Bruce Smith

I've tried to download some pics of my build, but keep getting a message that the file is too large. They are just standard jpg format. What am I doing wrong?

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
With the images, I believe the site now resizes large files, I posted 2 images that were originally 1.2M each and that went fine.