MVC-007F-3.jpg

it took me a long time to figure out this is a 472 / 500 inch caddy
MVC-002F.jpg

vey clean and fast belair from harford county
MVC-001F.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It was good to meet you yesterday Bob! And your son Jim as well!

John (Paintjohn) Langerfelder sent me some pictures he took yesterday.

First I should mention John took home some gold in the car show. :clap Wherever he takes that 64 it stands out. Here's a shot of John after getting the trophy. John says the 64 almost lived at Capitol raceway back in the 60s. I'll let him tell that.

JohnCapitol10-14-07.jpg

Also in the car show was a BEAUTIFUL 62 Belair. John thinks the owner is from lower Maryland, I think he said Tall Timbers MD. I wasn't able to speak to the owner but I loved this car! (Yes, it's red :dunno but I would love it in any color. :roll It's a very well done car!)

62Belair10-14-07018.jpg

Engine shot of the Belair

62Belairengine10-14-07019.jpg

Another Shot of Allen George's car to add to Bob's picture.

AllenGeorgecar10-14-07005.jpg

Allen's engine. Allan was running BWR heads at Capitol yesterday!

AllenGeorgeengine10-14-07006.jpg

I saved breaking your screens til the end. Here's John & I holding up Jim MacKenzie's Ol Reliable 2. I'm the old f*rt on the left. John is the good looking young man on the right. :D

JohnDMac10-14-07.jpg

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob and Dick,you guys are right on!!!! Alan's and Jim's car were flying.Sure looked good seeing those strong Chevies running that well.Bob and Alan,it was really good meeting you guys,really enjoyed talking with you all.Bob,I didn't get a chance to tell you how good your 63' Chevy race car looks from the pictures.I think I must have pulled those pictures up at least 30 times.Dick,thank you for posting those pictures,I really appreciate it.
For me this was a real car weekend.Capitol was really great,I really enjoyed it.Like Dick said,back in the days(1964-1969) my Chevy frequented this drag strip at least 1 day per week in season as my race car and from 1970-1974 as my tow car.It really felt good going down that track,knowing the last time I raced my Impala was 1969.My Chevy felt right at home. If any one is interested in seeing about 300 pictures from this event,please go to http://www.lowescruise.com . Once your there scroll down click on to "drchop.smug.com" area . Then look for the Capitol Racway Pictures for Oct.14th.Sit back for the next 20 minutes and enjoy.
Saturday I attended the UPS show in Burtonville,Md.(Laurel).That show was probably the best show I've been to other than Ocean City,Md.,Wildwood,NJ., or Pidgeon Forge,Tn. There were over 1800 cars of all types.Cars were from totally original,street rods,and modified muscle cars .There was about four 409's there,plus a number of 348's.Also there was a "W" block street rod there as well.Check out these pictures about 450 on the same web sight above.Once your there click on CAR SHOWS and go to the UPS show,Oct.13th. Enjoy !!!!!John

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It is easy to where John got the Paintjohn name !!! That paint looks 30 ft. deep. Nice 64 , for sure. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Dick, Thanks for the pictures. I enjoyed them a great deal.