OER parts

bobs409

Administrator
Starting a fresh thread on this subject. I tried contacting OER on their website and found their contact form doesn't even work! After a google search, I found an email so I sent them a not so nice letter asking about these "re-bagged" Corvex moldings! Their website has implications like they make their own parts, original quality, blah, blah. How can that be if they are re-bagging Corvex brand parts, MADE IN TAIWAN that have nothing but terrible reviews?

We're getting shucked guys! It's time to start weeding out the rip off companies and letting them know we are on to their games. I know we're all tired of paying high prices for garbage!

Will let you guys know "if" they reply.

bobs409

Administrator
Here's a copy of my letter to them:

I thought you make all your own parts? It appears you just rebagged these 63 Impala eye brow moldings from the same supplier that Hubbards Impala parts has. Theirs was in a Corvex brand wrapper but the same part number sticker and made in Taiwan decal on the inner bag! They even put their own sticker over the Corvex decal on the box! I contaced them and they told me they make their own moldings too. Blatant lies! Decals on one for example is CV11-EB63L which also appears on your bag labels. I'm guessing that is a Corvex part number???

These are FAR from original quality too. I bought your's (thru Summit racing) in hopes of getting nicer ones to replace the ones from Hubbards only to end up with the exact same thing! Side by side they are exact and the quality sucks on both!

Please explain this to me. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt before I warn others online. I run a decent sized car forum that gets a lot of traffic.

P.S. the contact form on your website doesn't work either. I had to search google for this email address!

I'll wait for your quick reply on this,

bobs409

Administrator

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bob, don't forget that it could be a REseller that is REbagging the inferior parts with OER packaging. I'm not saying that is the case here, but that it does happen in every industry going these days.

bobs409

Administrator
Well no reply yet and I bet I never get one. I printed out the return label, these GO BACK to Summit tomorrow! I am putting a letter in the box for Summit explaining all of this so they know the deal.

I guess there are no other manufacturers of these upper/lower eyebrows so will have to use the ones I got from Hubbards. I'd like to send them back too but had them for a long time. That's the bad thing about gathering all the parts you need for a restoration ahead of time.

From now on, I am going to ask the manufacturers name on all parts orders. If a vendor doesn't list it, then they will have to answer my emails before I order. I strongly suggest all of you guys do the same. And PLEASE, if you get a poor quality part, SEND IT BACK! That's the only way we can possibly hope to win this battle. If these companies got all their junk back, they would get the message quick!

What you have to remember also is that OER is a supplier, not a vendor. They make it sound like they make their own parts but obviously, not all! Repackaging someone elses poor quality parts is deceptive! If they don't answer my email, it's just gonna make me more determined to get the word out! (I can be like a pit bull when someone screws me over!!!) :slap3

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lots of companies repackage good parts, I've seen Show Cars parts from other vendors. It also happens a lot with Corvette vendors. But when they are selling junk, its junk.

Pit Bull Bob, you need to change your avatar.:cloud:laugh4:slap3:sorry2

Don

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You have to realize that there isn't a big enough market for multiple manufacturers to produce the same part. Generally speaking, expect the parts to be the same parts re-packaged by the seller with a few exceptions. Unfortunantely, Caveat Emptor still applies....do your research and expect problems with fit and finish.

bobs409

Administrator
You have to realize that there isn't a big enough market for multiple manufacturers to produce the same part. Generally speaking, expect the parts to be the same parts re-packaged by the seller with a few exceptions. Unfortunately, Caveat Emptor still applies....do your research and expect problems with fit and finish.

Gotta strongly disagree with that. If a "part supplier" is not or can not re-manufacture a particular part, they SHOULDN'T be selling it! Especially by putting it in their packaging and pretending they made it. That's very dishonest to me. Now if they want to say we sell Corvex brand moldings, that would be acceptable but that would make them a vendor and not just a part supplier in my mind.

I did my research if you recall in the other thread trying to find "good" parts to replace the crappy Corvex parts I already had. Look where that got me? It got me another set of the same moldings thanks to this half assed company. And they still have not replied to my email. That is most likely because they can't talk their way out of it. Guess they didn't think anyone would put the pieces together.

Well unless Summit decides to waive the return shipping, this company has bought themselves $8.50 worth of bad mouth advertising and I DELIVER!!! (the pit bull has spoken!) :bat ;)

bobs409

Administrator
Bob's philosophy on repro parts: :D

Part supplier: a company that manufactures a part to sell to vendors or consumers. Sometimes they sell only to vendors, sometimes also to the general public but they only sell the products they make. (honest ones anyway)

Vendor: a company that buys products from various "parts suppliers" above to resell to the public. They are only a middle man. They can hide behind that fact and always do whenever there is trouble.

Buyer: That's you and me. We're the suckers that pay good money for Taiwan junk! We feed this train wreck and keep it going because our choices are limited and we love our cars. (too much sometimes) lol

Now to anyone that thinks it is ok for OER to repackage Corvex (Taiwan) junk moldings and try to pass them off as their own, would you think it was ok if you paid $600 for the best intake manifold on the market only to find a cheap Chinese knock off in the box? Or maybe a jug of expensive synthetic oil that says "Walmart" brand under the companies sticker. Ok, that's the best I can do at 6:55AM! :D I think I made my point.

Bottom line: if you buy a part and are not happy with it, don't just live with it, send it back! When these vendors get enough returns on an item, they'll get the message and stop selling it. Then they can ship it all back to the supplier and/or stop doing business with them. Maybe they will be a little more selective about what they sell and start weeding out the junk beforehand.

All of the above is straight out of my head from 48 years of experience. I based all I said on common sense so some of the above may no longer apply due to the world we live in today. :wacko

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So what you are saying is if vendors got enough returns, they would do what Phil does, stop selling reproduction parts that are junk.

When I was looking for a lip moulding for the 62, I asked Show Cars what theirs were like, since I had heard that reproduction part was questionable. They said up front it was not perfect and also that when they sell them there are no returns. I didn't order, asked Phil if he had a supplier of good ones, he said no one made good ones.

I trust Phil the most (is he retired?) of all those I have ordered parts from, Show Cars are a fairly close second.

In some cases there is more than one manufacturer of a popular part and I agree with you Bob, the vendors should say who makes it, but they choose not to so you can't go direct to the manufacturer, or find it elsewhere. In spite of what you say about Rockauto Bob, they tell you who makes their parts and supply the maker's or OEM part number. If they had good return policies (including return shipping both ways when they make a mistake) and cheap shipping to Canada, I would order more from them.

Don

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You have to realize that there isn't a big enough market for multiple manufacturers to produce the same part. Generally speaking, expect the parts to be the same parts re-packaged by the seller with a few exceptions. Unfortunantely, Caveat Emptor still applies....do your research and expect problems with fit and finish.
:yup