Offenhauser 4x2 Intake

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'd never touched any of those old dinosaur carbs before either, but all of the necessary parts and pieces are still out there. And the guys that actually know how to do it, like Dicks's and Vintage Speed, are pretty willing to help out. Linkage, plumbing and initial setup seem to be the critical items. All of these old guys have their own ideas, too. They may not always approach it from the same perspective. So you end up with extra carb cores, jets and other things before you get done.

I like your crossfire because I had a Smokey Ram at one time which I was tempted to mess with. I sold it and am using this on my little Nova right now instead:

hi-tech-mcfarland-tork-link-small-block-chevyjpg.jpg

so it's obvious I have a screw loose somewhere.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I'd never touched any of those old dinosaur carbs before either, but all of the necessary parts and pieces are still out there. And the guys that actually know how to do it, like Dicks's and Vintage Speed, are pretty willing to help out. Linkage, plumbing and initial setup seem to be the critical items. All of these old guys have their own ideas, too. They may not always approach it from the same perspective. So you end up with extra carb cores, jets and other things before you get done.

I like your crossfire because I had a Smokey Ram at one time which I was tempted to mess with. I sold it and am using this on my little Nova right now instead:

View attachment 84403

so it's obvious I have a screw loose somewhere.

Cross ram for one carb......!!??