Office Art

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Running out of space down the basement while dismantling the '61 four door, needed to move some larger items into the finished part of the house. The only room in our house my wife lets me "decorate" is my office (she has her own), and of course, the basement, which is not "decorated", rather it is "populated".

So I moved a few large round items up from the basement to my office this morning, to accommodate my "automobile motif" :). These are the 5 wheels and tires destined for the 1961 Belair Sport Coupe whenever she gets finished. Good year ribbed Power Streaks mounted on steel wheels topped by dog dish caps. Thought I'd add a little memorabilia up top, so I put my autographed Hayden Proffitt valve cover along with my 2004 Convention Cap, along with a few other items.

This goes well with the opposite corner, which for the past couple of years hosts a 1962 "068" QB block with 690 heads and the incorrect air cleaner :).

Can't wait 'til the wifey comes home and sees what I've done!

Enjoy!
TomK

Attachments

• May 21 2009 JTK moves to KC 008.jpg
    May 21 2009 JTK moves to KC 008.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 105
  • May 21 2009 JTK moves to KC 009.jpg
    May 21 2009 JTK moves to KC 009.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 86
  • May 28 2009 Office Art 003.jpg
    May 28 2009 Office Art 003.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 83
  • May 28 2009 Office Art 004.jpg
    May 28 2009 Office Art 004.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 92

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom, be careful. At least out here, they can always leave with at least half of your stuff!

I thought my wife was pretty forgiving, but if I put one in the office, the fight would be on...

Personally, I think it looks great and I will show my wife just to get a reaction.

S

Swiss Impala

Hello from Switzerland,

Your office looks great. Congratulations! This is the kind of office I like.
In my office I have some scale cars and on the walls art prints with one theme: Cars!
It is rather difficult to convince a wife that an engine or hubcaps can be a part
of an office.
So I decided to create a room next to the office where nobody else but me is
allowed to say what may be there or not. It is a diplomatic way and whenever
I want I am close to my hobby.

Have a good time,

Franz

Attachments

• ss 2.jpg
    ss 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 60
  • ss 4.jpg
    ss 4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 49
  • ss 5.jpg
    ss 5.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 57
  • ss 6.jpg
    ss 6.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 65
  • ss 7.jpg
    ss 7.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 58

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Franz, I honestly think most of us would like a workshop half that size........ let alone a room to display car stuff !!!!!!!! Very nice collection !! :bow:bow

Dave

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Very nice!

Franz:

I like your room better than my room :). I spend maybe 6-8 hours a day in mine, I would spend more than that in yours!

Dave is right in his comment that we'd all love to have space like that next to or even part of our actual homes :).

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry Tom!!! I have to vote for Franz's as my favorite!!! Maybe we could submit yours to Extreme Home Makeover and Ty could come visit you!!!! Boy.....bet that would make Mrs.K happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franz.............PM me your address!!!!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Franz I would think twice about letting Phil know where you live. It's well documented what he took out of Texas on a recent trip.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Seriously thought I saw a late Maryland tag. What did you obtain that was attached to it!
robert

S

Swiss Impala

Hello from Switzerland,

When my family decided to build a new building for our business (landscaping, we plan, build and maintain gardens) I was told :deal that I would be responsible for the vehicles and machines in future time.:eek: :eek:
I like to work with all of that but at that moment I thought this is too much
additional work to all the other things I have to do.
If this would be my duty, I decided to arrange things that I could do that job with pleasure. Most of the time (not always) it is really fine to work here and this is good so, especially if I have to repair something after all that daily work. Little repairs I do myself.
And there is also an apartment integrated in the building where I live together with my wife.
As you all know it is not always easy to convince a wife that things like
scale models, art prints of cars, engines and so on could be part of an apartment. This means often trouble. :cuss
So for me it was rather easy to manage things as they are now.
Our little office here is the place where both worlds come together.
This is a small place and this means not a lot of trouble! :D :D

Have a good time,

Franz

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I think the problem with women, is they look upon cars and engines, as THEIR REPLACEMENT, not their equals.:doh:roll:roll