OK, here's a question for the ages.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
No I listen to my Lindsey Stirling Pandora station :good
On the way home I listen to my Rage Against The Machine, Behind Blue Eyes or Five Finger Death Punch Pandora station. :metal:guitar

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You fellows have a lot of music. How many hours per gb? Or maybe miles per gb too?

I have a little vinyl with a 40 year old turntable, receiver amp that is 20 years old, and cds, have never downloaded anything or used a mp3 or stick for music. Will I need a computer to run that music you have in my garage?

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Quick answer Don is yes. The stuff we have is on a hard drive. I too had a lot of vinyl records, and although I "sort of" regret getting rid of them, I did about 15 or so years ago. I have lots of CDs dating back to the late 80's, and cassettes, however I never use them, but will keep them for backup. It is too easy to click on a CD album, and it plays. Or a play list and it plays all day. If I have estimated it correctly, my collection will play nonstop for about 247 days straight. That's assuming an average of 3.5 minutes per song. Nothing I like better than the old stuff, however the new stuff is very convenient. I like most have a computer in my garage so if I am looking up information or parts, I don't have to clean up to go into the house and into the office and get things dirty. I have the music on both PC's. Even if I didn't, I would just take the external hard drive, plug it into the usb port and click on the album I wanted. Very easy, more than willing to help.

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Another show of that series is on public television tonight. Pretty interesting telling of the history of CW music. Burns usually does a good job without the usual public television lib slant.