old school tires

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I am building a hunting truck. It's a 94 k1500 reg. cab shortbox. 350 4l60e etc... I have put a 3 inch lift on it and of course dual exhaust! I am looking for a set of 9.00x16 tires for it. I have seen Grip Spurs, Power Kings, and a few others. I can but new Power Kings but they are 235-250 a tire. Out of my budget for this truck. Anybody have any ideas for an aggressive tire. Radial or bias ply, makes no difference. I would like to keep a 16 inch wheel so I can keep my stock wheels. Used would be o.k as long as they were good. I will try to get a picture or two. It's nothing special though.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I used to run 9.00x16 on my hunting rig, they were Multi Mile from Les Schwab tires. These were a directional heavy lug bias ply and was tough to beat in mud or snow, don't know if they still make them, balanced good and great traction. Pat:clap

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Yes, those were probably the power king traction LT. Those are what I am looking for. Good to hear they were a decent tire. I have a tire groover and would modify the tread some for better snow/ice conditions. I really hate to walk!:)