Old super Chevy review.........

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The old Doug Marion Super Chevy's were the best!
Agreed!!:cheers It’s a nice break from the same ol muscle car bs. And the hot rod trends of the 80’s...:barf1 My favorite’s gotta be the one where he bought a 62 bubbletop in SoCal with a six banger/3spd for 800 bucks and built it:good

Does Wattie still own the Chitwood car? Too bad it wasn’t restored to as raced condition, just my 2 cents. Still a nice restoration either way.

Make that .04. Any old race car with a pedigree’s gotta wear the image of the glory days.:good

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Agreed!!:cheers It’s a nice break from the same ol muscle car bs. And the hot rod trends of the 80’s...:barf1 My favorite’s gotta be the one where he bought a 62 bubbletop in SoCal with a six banger/3spd for 800 bucks and built it:good

Make that .04. Any old race car with a pedigree’s gotta wear the image of the glory days.:good
Was that 62 bubble top that Doug bought for $800 white ?
If so, I remember him building that car on his driveway in CA.

427John

Well Known Member
My hood sticks up at the back on one side, those spacer bolts would take care of that. :appl:appl:appl
Great posts. Thanks, Don
While that setup will work fine on the lightweight hood with no springs,the localized stress would eventually be the hoods undoing.It would be okay to use it set the hood where you want it but I would take some measurements and fabricate spacers for the long term.

Last edited:

63409impala

Well Known Member
that red 62 bubble top is the ex obsolete missile car. The guy bought it, removed all the lettering I believe and added the boyd wheels. Same guy also had a gorgeous gold 61 impala racecar as well

RussC

Well Known Member
The red Belair is indeed the first Obsolete Missle. Donnie's white 63 was Obsolete Missle II. Donnie got the gold 61...along with a lot of stuff...in the deal with Mike Martin. Among the stuff was a pair of fenders from the Shara Z 11.... which are now on my silver car