Old super Chevy review.........

RussC

Well Known Member
As I remember...Mike Martin sold the car to a fellow who had Boyd C. Restore the car...WITHOUT the aluminum front. The front end is still around

The gold 61 had a Joe Sherman motor. We were at the old St Louis track. We still had our 62 Biscayne...Donnie brought the 61. At about 1000 ft the 61 suddenly trailed a lot of smoke. The pistons collapsed in the valve reliefs. The 61 later sold to someone in St Louis. I had the pistons welded...they now belong to James Schrader

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
As I remember...Mike Martin sold the car to a fellow who had Boyd C. Restore the car...WITHOUT the aluminum front. The front end is still around

The gold 61 had a Joe Sherman motor. We were at the old St Louis track. We still had our 62 Biscayne...Donnie brought the 61. At about 1000 ft the 61 suddenly trailed a lot of smoke. The pistons collapsed in the valve reliefs. The 61 later sold to someone in St Louis. I had the pistons welded...they now belong to James Schrader

I love to hear the stories .........thank you

63409impala

Well Known Member
The red Belair is indeed the first Obsolete Missle. Donnie's white 63 was Obsolete Missle II. Donnie got the gold 61...along with a lot of stuff...in the deal with Mike Martin. Among the stuff was a pair of fenders from the Shara Z 11.... which are now on my silver car

Thank you for backing me with the info. I was a little kid when I seen mikes 62 and 61. Im now 42. Lol