OMG sad day

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
What a waste. Really sad to watch. Probably had a posi rear. Where I used to live 20 years ago, an only son inherited about 10 acres of cars along a creek. Newest one was a ‘66 Chevy 2DHT. He brought in a portable crusher and in two weeks they were gone. He was afraid that DNR would be after him when title of this land was transferred to him and he would have to dig out the oil contaminated soil - costing $$$$$. Old man that died wouldn’t sell anything from there. Cars dated back to early 30’s. Made me sick to watch this.

Fuzz

MAGA

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like an insurance cleanup after a fire. Pretty rusty, the car came apart in pieces.
Real tragedy happened about 15 years ago near me. Some of an old farmers sons had several decent SS 396 cheveles and el camenos. They got together and built a new shed to store them in on the farm. The son that was farming left for a couple of days and the old man, mid 80s, called a scrap yard and had them haul out the cars after crushing them with the feedlot payloader. Told the sons he had got rid of the junk cars that were tying up the good shed.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That thing looked really rotten in the video which means it was even rustier in person. Likely no title either. Who is going to take it, the excavator? Time is money and there isn't enough money there to mess with. The contractor or property owner? Again, time is money. By the time they hauled it off and tried to part out what still had value and then the hassle of getting rid of the carcass, just not worth it. Could of tried to sell the whole thing for $500 but have you put an ad online lately?? Flakes say they are going to show up and then nothing. Mean while the rusty cars are holding up the project. Again, time is money. It would of been nice if the few parts worth saving were taken off but I don't fault them for crunching it either.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I was told by a friend that it is 4 cents a pound right now in Western New York. That's $80 a ton, which according to him, is very low.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Reminds me of the 63 SS I got out 409 out of. It was a Black convert with a P/G and the car had a factory spotlight on it. This car was a 340hp car and it had the racing idler pulley setup on it form the factory. I got the engine, trans, interior parts and the rear end and the rest got crushed. The owner did not want it on the street anymore, I even offered here $500 more in cash for the title to get the car but she said "no", sadly it went to the crusher.