One Run Slicks

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought these last year in Nashville after I cut the the left rear tire at the Hot Rod Reunion in the first time trial on Sat. We were running M/T 28/10.5/15Ws and couldn't find one so I bought a new set of M/T 28/10.5/15 and had them mounted and balanced. I missed the last time trial Sat. so these tires have "One Run" on them in the first Rd. on Sun. which I lost to my friend Roger Robinson in our old Nova. When I got back to Dallas I bought a new tire and tube and two new wheels and that's what the car was sold with. So the M/T 28/10.5/15 tires, M/T tubes, and 15X8 Wheel Vintique Rallye's screwed down then balanced. $395.00 plus Shipping. I hope these work for someone. BT

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I originally was going to say yes, but I know Ronnie had done some trimming for the 1" wider tire we originally had on it. My bubble top had this size tire with chrome reverse wheels on it when I got it in 1969. Maybe someone else will chime in.

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That is the size we run with a 10" wheel but the exhaust is not over the axle. I think with the correct feller building the exhaust it will fit.

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Hi Barry, I remember when you went down to Nashville to buy those slicks. You borrowed my spare tires to get around. Are the slicks for sale stiff wall or wrinkle wall? Do you know the backspacing on the wheels. Please confirm you had these on your '62. Was the rear axle a Chevy? Anything on the rubber compound?
I'm interested. Thanks, Mark Steele

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks again for the tire loan Mark. They are part # 672-3055 in the Jeg's book. I think backspacing is 4". chevy pattern. They weight 50lbs. ea. I could be wrong but I think I can ship them from my work place for around $110.00 for the pair. That's boxed in separate boxes. If someone has questions they can call me 214-952-3990 "No text" Thanks, Barry

Last edited:

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Thanks Barry. I find that funny that you have these in the spare bedroom. Your not the only one. My wife got a kick out of seeing me looking around the house for two push rods I had misplaced. I always have some parts by my chair in the living room. O well-- she thinks I have a real
409 problem.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
You guys are lucky, I come home even smelling like what I've been putzing on and my wife picks up the scent on my clothes and complains :).

She used to complain about the smell of the Corvette in the garage after I came back from a short trek...

All cars and all parts are now located 5 miles away out of sight and out of (her) mind :).

TomK

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
I know a man over in Erie, Pa. At the time of our conversation, he was rebuilding a 454 in the kitchen and he had his Daughter's Jr Dragster in the dinning room. No wife but one girl friend.
Then the new girl at the local Auto Zone told me about her boy friend who has a plastic wrapped 454 in their kitchen. I told her I would buy my parts from her.