Ordered A Lift

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I didn't think I ever would, but I ended up ordering a lift for the garage. I have 10' ceilings, so I'm limited on what I can use. After much thought, I went with a MaxJax two post "portable" lift. This will make maintenance of our four daily drivers much easier. Not to mention, I'll be able to lift the bodies off the frames on my 62, and two '63 restoration projects. I am thinking of getting extra sets of floor anchors to be able to use it in any of the three bays. It also will store in the corner, not taking up too much floor space when not in use. After shopping around, I found that Home Depot, of all places, had a special price $200.00 less than everyone else. Plus I signed up for an HD credit card and got another $100.00 off.

And my wife was fine with it!

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
You’ll love it. When we built new house, put in trayed ceiling - 16/18 feet. Bought four post Forward lift made by Rotary. Makes life a lot easier. Only problem, my head has taken a few “shots”. Two days ago it knocked me flat out on the floor when I thought I was all the way out from under the end when I wasn’t. :wacko

Fuzz

MAGA

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You’ll love it. When we built new house, put in trayed ceiling - 16/18 feet. Bought four post Forward lift made by Rotary. Makes life a lot easier. Only problem, my head has taken a few “shots”. Two days ago it knocked me flat out on the floor when I thought I was all the way out from under the end when I wasn’t. :wacko

Fuzz

MAGA
I had a few head knockers when I worked in a shop years ago. Nothing like hitting your head on a solid piece of steel.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You live in the country? Sounds like you need another bigger shop.:good
I sure do. We're trying to figure out some storage issues. Well be building a much larger shed to house or ruding mowers and other stuff. That will clear space in our little pos two car garage(which really nerds to be replaced. And I'd like to put an addition on my main garage. A guys got to dream.:pray:D

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I use mine for storage, the frame for my 54 Chevy is on it now and it's up high and out of the way until I get the cab ready to put on. I use the storage container out behind my shop to store stuff like my 31 Chevy for right now. I also have a carport I put up last fall but I'm going to enclose. Good thing I have over 5 Acres and live in the country! Storage containers are wonderful, I went to Home Depot and bought the 2,000 pounds per Shelf shelving and all the little stuff and parts can be stored in containers on the shelves. I have three big block Chevys on a botton shelf. And of course you can paint them and they are rodent-proof I put some vents in mine. I also have hardwood floors and hooks in the floor corners in the ceiling corners To tye stuff too. Just a thought:good:D

Attachments

• 20190608_161138.jpg
    20190608_161138.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190608_160705.jpg
    20190608_160705.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190608_160600.jpg
    20190608_160600.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 42

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My two son's are always telling me "Dad, throw that shit out. You already have 3 or 4 of them." :dunno What they don't know, I have a large box of screws, bolts, clips, fittings etc, that I've saved since I was 16 or seventeen. I hardly EVER, throw stuff away. Maybe, I need an Intervention.:rolleyes:dunno My wife tried, but her wave length, wasn't strong enough.:roll

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You guys just ain't old enuf yet. You'll quit filling stuff up after a while.
Dave, I've told my children their inheritance depends on how well they do at the auction! :juggle I have slowed down though. I had a flea market booth and sold all my Coke stuff and a lot of my porcelain signs and Automobilia I Had in my other shop. When my daughter graduated after my son I sold my new house (6) yrs old and got out of debt. I bought a modular design home (7yrs old) on a foundation and almost paid cash for it. Been there 7yrs in july this year. Remodeled to suite the wife, and built the shop to suite me. My car lift is awsome and should bought one twenty years ago..... Jim and I are the same age, and we need a place to put all of our goodies when you guys ( Geezer old farts) are spending full-time in your rocking chairs, and we are always accepting inventory and gifts! somebody has a carry on the tradition and keep the prices inflated so not everyone can afford them! Lol:roll RIGHT JIM?:good

Last edited: