Original tire question for 63 Impala

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't suppose you plan to show the car but if you do in AACA you will have to have bias tires or you may as well stay home.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I want a 14'' tire for a spare {will fit in trunk} i got a stock wheel , but $192.00 for a 800x14 ws bfg bias tire?????:yikes

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Oh man, that looks awesome! :thud I'm gonna have similar in my driveway hopefully this year. :bacon These cars look so good in white.

Eric Kozmic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Goodyear bias or radial?

They're "radial" tires. The tires that were on the car when I bought her 3 years ago were so bad (and old), I just took it to Goodyear & told them I wanted the "closest thing" to the original size. I have been contemplating going to a 15" rim, but I really like my dog dish hubcaps.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dog dish work on 15's and you got a lot more choices for sizes you can find. These are 15's with 59 dog dish.

410642670.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I thought the later model Impala's had a 5 on 5 lug pattern like the Pontiac's. :dunno

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Raj's 86 caprice wheels will be 5 on a 4 3/4,unless it has the "police" package [12 in. rotors"],in which case they'll be 5 on 5. This applies on most all GM b body sedans form 77 up.Most station wagons of that era had the larger 12 in rotor.Another feature was if the car had the 4 3/4 bolt pattern,it had the small 7 3/4 rear end,where as the 5x5 had the much better,stronger 8.5 rear end.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yup, just put some good radial blackwalls, 15ft away you can't see the difference anyway. Plus I don't see anything better looking about those overpriced bias tires, $240 each bah humbug