Original tire question for 63 Impala

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
In 1967 I was in Fairbanks, Alaska, when they had their big flood, we were stranded at the airport, one of the last dry spots around.
They fed us US army C-rations... now those were something else. Maybe they should hand those out for food stamps.?
:roll

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
In 1967 I was in Fairbanks, Alaska, when they had their big flood, we were stranded at the airport, one of the last dry spots around.
They fed us US army C-rations... now those were something else. Maybe they should hand those out for food stamps.?
:roll
Stan.................Candy's parents were there too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were going to be there for several days and when the hotel manager told everybody to go out and buy some groceries. Candy's dad went out and bought a fifth of whiskey and a loaf of bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! True story!!!!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, if you're hungry, I know where you can get some real good camel meat, not sure if its 1 hump or 2. The butcher also sold kangaroo meat. Still hungry?:barf1:barf1

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Bob,all kidding aside , I would go with the wagon wheel"s or what they also call 409 wheel"s . Just make"s the dog dish in a little deeper and a wider looking stance .Always liked that look if I were going that combo.There are some pictured on this thread that way.

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
I am considering switching to the 14 X 6 wheels if I ever find a nice set. For now I have to live with my 14 X 5's. (or are they 5.5, it's early so can't think yet)

bobs409

Administrator
Odd that they don't say but I bet they are bias. If they were bias look a like radials they'd be falling over themselves mentioning it. :D (and the price would be higher too)

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My slicks from them are capped Michelin Radials. Guess you would have to give them a call.

bobs409

Administrator
I smell new rubber! 5 new radial bias ply look a likes have arrived fresh off the Fedex truck. :deal I painted the wheel fronts yesterday in Ermine white.

If I get them mounted up later I'll snap a pic or two and post. They do look old style for sure. Will be just the look I'm going for. :bacon