Administrator
What tires did you go with?

These:
1-jpg.34955

2-jpg.34956

These are the radial "bias look" tires for $246 per tire. :alarmed

bobs409

Administrator
Wasn't up to getting the tires on today but I'll give you the next best thing for photo's, the "before" so you'll have to imagine what they will look like when put together. :D

DSCN4477.jpg DSCN4478.jpg DSCN4479.jpg

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
According to the spec. in Cokers catalog the height of them matches the repo bias ply tires but they are a little over an inch wider.

bobs409

Administrator
Here is all the dope on these:

Coker Tire
Manufacturer Part Number: 700311
Car Type: Vintage
Overall Diameter: 27.59
Tire Type: All Season
Recommended Rim Width: 5 - 6
Section Width: 800
Sidewall Description: Black Side Wall
Load Index: 97
Tube / Tubeless: Tubeless
Speed Index: S
Wheel Diameter: 14

As far as I know, these are the only radial look a likes available. I didn't see any with a white wall. (I could be wrong however, it has happened at least once) :D

bobs409

Administrator
These are called American classics. Are these the same ones you bought? If so, how do they perform?

P.S. I also don't care for paying this much for tires. These are the most expensive ones I've ever bought and I don't own a monster truck!

The cheapest ones are on my 66 Impala that I paid $7 dollars a piece for at the EZ pull. :D

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Have you looked into Diamondback Tires? I will be going with them when the time comes,
D

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
American Classic is the brand, not Coker. I buy local for a little less. I had wide white American Classic so not the same tire but they were typical radial tires, I wouldn't expect anything less from those.

bobs409

Administrator
Maybe I'm the test subject on these then. It will be a while until the road test report comes out however. Maybe late summer/early fall.

bobs409

Administrator
Have you looked into Diamondback Tires? I will be going with them when the time comes,
D

I think I did. A quick look just now and I don't see any black walls. The ones I did look at did not have the "pie crust" look I was after. The tread looks like a modern radial to me. I wanted the "vintage" look.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think they look outstanding. Nice and tall too which has ALWAYS been my issue with running radials on these cars. I have the radials on the car at the moment and just hate the way they look. Sidewall is way too short.