ORO62 - 50th anniversary 409

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Hello everyone! About a week ago I purchased my dream car: 1962 Impala 50th Anniversary Gold Edition!!! It's not an SS car, however it does have a 409 with a T10 4 speed manual transmission. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have this car! It's been a dream of mine to own a 62 Impala my whole life and when I stumbled upon this car i knew it was the one.

I'm here to give help and get help like everyone else here's a bit of my story. I've owned several mobile audio shops over the years and now work for an OEM in the EV market. I'm certified in Automotive Electrical + I've got Autobody Certifications. I have to admit, I'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to engines so I'm hoping I can reciprocate with any help that's given to me. Anyway, glad to virtually meet you all. Here's some photos of my new baby!

Very nice car, I also own a 62 anniversary gold Impala, but mine's an SS and air cond car, 327 and powerglide. I also maintain the register of 1962 Anniversary gold Impalas and I've recorded 176 of the 16,925 that were built by Fisher/Chevrolet in the 62 model year. If you'd like to post a photo of the cowl trim tag, I'll add yours to the register.

heddrik

Well Known Member
Carl, I looked at 1 a few months back, it was pretty rough and I think the guy parted it out. Sorry, but I forgot to get a VIN. Thank you for what yiu do for the history of these cars. You also do bubbletops too, correct?

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Carl, I looked at 1 a few months back, it was pretty rough and I think the guy parted it out. Sorry, but I forgot to get a VIN. Thank you for what yiu do for the history of these cars. You also do bubbletops too, correct?

Thanks Heddrik, even though I am most interested in anniversary gold 62's, I now record cowl and VIN tags for any car built between 1960-63 so I can decode all the ACC codes.