ORO62 - 50th anniversary 409

ORO62

Well Known Member
Hello everyone! About a week ago I purchased my dream car: 1962 Impala 50th Anniversary Gold Edition!!! It's not an SS car, however it does have a 409 with a T10 4 speed manual transmission. I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have this car! It's been a dream of mine to own a 62 Impala my whole life and when I stumbled upon this car i knew it was the one.

I'm here to give help and get help like everyone else here's a bit of my story. I've owned several mobile audio shops over the years and now work for an OEM in the EV market. I'm certified in Automotive Electrical + I've got Autobody Certifications. I have to admit, I'm not so knowledgeable when it comes to engines so I'm hoping I can reciprocate with any help that's given to me. Anyway, glad to virtually meet you all. Here's some photos of my new baby!20200918_122333.jpg20200918_122304.jpg20200918_122315.jpgImage.jpegScreenshot_20200913-121649_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200913-121656_Samsung Internet.jpg

ORO62

Well Known Member
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Very happy to be here. Took her out for a cruise today and had a few issues. This is expected as she's been sitting for so long. She's gone more miles in the last week than she has in 12 years so I'm expecting more gremlins to surface. Just hoping they're all fairy easily correctable.

ORO62

Well Known Member
I think that's a small block fan shroud.
Yes you are correct! From what I learned of the car, two owners prior was when the restoration happened. Thr car was originally 327 small block with auto trans. Still trying to get more details - more to come. Also, if you all can point me to the correct radiator showd for the 409 that would be awesome. Looks like the shroud that's in there was notched to make space for the pulleys. Man I love this! Already getting good info! Thanks!