Out for the season

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
you will be just fine tom. too bad you didn't have it during the winter months. best of luck jim

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Good luck with the surgery Tom. From what I hear the journey can be tough but the destination is well worth it.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Since you had both knees done, the hip will be a piece of cake in comparison. Last guy I know who had it done was climbing a ladder a week later. He wasn't supposed to but, the fact he could do it amazed me.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I'm sorry to hear you can't make it to Bowling Green.
It sounds like you have a good surgeon, so you should be free from pain soon after the operation.
I hope it all goes well.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Tom ,sounds like you have everything already in order and have confidence in your doctor. Hope everything work s out great. .

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tom, you will be fine ! I also had left knee pain when I was 13 and took them a year to figure out it was my hip with slipped cartilage so they put big ass screws in and 33 years later at age 46 I had to have a total hip replacement also which was the best thing I ever did as the arthritis fused my hip. Enough of my story you will be fine and follow your physical therapist instructions and be forewarned they get you moving the same day!!! My leg moves better than it ever has and I don't have any problems driving a 10 speed truck or any of the 4 different 4 speed impala's I own lol. I do feel it poking out the side of my ass sometimes though and I get patted down at the airport every time but I like that ha ha

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Tom,
My son works for Stryker. He is the total joint clinical guy in the room during the case. His primary surgeon does anterior (that's front, Phil) incisions about 2 to 3 inches long. Skin to skin in under 40 minutes. Same day surgery - patients up and walking a couple of hours post op.

There may be incisional soreness for a bit, but you will be better off for having it done in no time. One of my associates had his second hip done in Feb. and is doing great. Just back from 10 days in France on tour to the wine country!

The only problem with my son's surgeon is the fact that he owns a Ford Cobra, but I let him drive my 63 anyway!!

You will do great.!!....:beer

FS560

Well Known Member
Hey real61 (Tommy Nolan),
What doctor did your hip? Mine was Garnett at Ortho Virginia at St. Mary’s hospital.
Jim Quarles

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Good luck with your surgery Tom!

P.S.when I first saw the title to this thread, I thought something happened to the BA409 at the races. Oops.:D

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Tom,
Wow, surprising how the body works in strange ways and how it try's to tell things aren't playing ball to the way they should be.

Take care mate and you'll be back at the race track in no time.

Gav