Pack Wrat

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
62 Biscaire, race car The "Pack Wrat" Selling as a roller. Ronnie Russell's tribute to Brian Thompson car. First runs on the car were at Great Bend, 2014. then 5, 1/8 mile testing runs in 2015 and 3-4 runs in Bowling Green 2016. Sad to sell it. Car has 8Pt. cage, 9 inch, spool, 33 spline Strange axles, drum brakes, one piece driveshaft, widened tunnel, boxed lower control arms, two uppers with front supports. Set up for T400. Comp. Engineering shocks front and rear. Front Disc brakes "Compliments of 58 Delivery" Stops Good!! 5 Gal. fuel cell, battery in trunk. Big black Holley fuel pump. Roll control, shifter, gauges, tach, and switch panel,trans cooler/fan combo, fan on radiator. Stahl headers. MT 26.0/4.5/15 fronts, and MT 28.0/10.5/15w rears. Alum. Star wheels. Fiberglass fenders, hood and bumpers. All orig. glass except rear side windows are Lexan. Car weights under 3400lbs. Car is a 15 footer on paint. I would love to keep the passenger side door panel because it has autographs from the who's who of 409 racers and fans. Car ran 10.90s on it's last two runs at Bowling Green. Everything stays with car except the motor and trans. and ign. system. Pictures coming soon. $8,900.00 Questions, Call me. "No Text" 214-952-3990 Regards, Barry Taylor

Last edited:

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm sure people are wondering why I would sell this car. I have other plans for Ronnie's last race motor and If I let this body set around to long my son and daughter will want to stuff a 7 or 800 HP Duramax in it. I would like to see it stay within this forum community if possible. I also have a 62 bubble top, a 70 Corvette, 3 trucks, two race car trailers and a dog. I've run out of room and this car needs to be inside rather under a cover outside. The Russell and Taylor banner will fly again soon!! I hope everyone understands. BT

Don Jacks

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Most likely,since it's a dedicated race car,I'd go with an electricly shifted power glide.The second choice would be a good street/strip th400.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Don, I'm sorry for the name confusion. When we first got the white 62 it came with a turbo 400, so I left in for our first runs on the car, then two weeks later went out with the powerglide in and it ran almost identical times. The T400 was quicker to the 330' and the P.G. was quicker from the 330' to the 660'. MPH was 1-2 more with the P.G. The T400 was a lot more fun though.

Don Jacks

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No problem,Barry.I've been called worse,sometimes for good reason!:laugh4Those of you who I've been blessed enough to meet know that my right arm/hand doesn't work.This would make shifting problematic.There's a transmission company in Texas called Trans King that markets Powerglide with brake that shifts electricly.I had one in my old Altered and just loved it.