Paddy 399 Introduction

Paddy399

That sounds like a really fun job! That was my first Mecum experience, but my brother and Dad had been before. Since then, we've alternated between those two auctions every year.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That sounds like a really fun job! That was my first Mecum experience, but my brother and Dad had been before. Since then, we've alternated between those two auctions every year.
High stress job if you can handle it. Dealing with people that don't care what it costs and want it yesterday. The thing about auctions is buyer-be-ware and the seller can walk away from it. We are building people's dreams based on all of their fuzz happy memories of cars that are 50-70 year old engineering. We tell people that they must expect to break down if they want to own a classic car. I actually tell people that if you aren't willing to take care of a horse then a classic car isn't for you. The vast majority of the public doesn't understand that these moving/working pieces of art take effort to keep on the road. LOL. The whole reason we are all here. To keep these babies running.