Parking Brake Assembly

61cruizer

Well Known Member
I'm in need of the parking brake assembly for my '61 Biscayne (under the dash, mounts to firewall, includes release).

Question: What year(s), if any, interchange? Just by looks, the new ones offered at Ecklers for '63-'64 look different, but I'm guessing a '62 might be the same. They don't offer a 62, but there is one on ebay...

61cruizer

Well Known Member
If Brian dosn't have one I know I have some. 61-62 are the same.

If the '62 is the same, I'm good. There's one just down the road from me in great shape. A guy at Impala Bob's had told me that the '61 was unique, glad to know that it's not!

62BillT

Well Known Member
Well, the '62 "may" interchange, but I have learned that the '61 is a one year only. Although they may have made 2 different kinds in '61. I'll let the '61 experts jump in and take it from here, lol.

Bill

61cruizer

Well Known Member
Okay, guys...jump in before I buy the wrong one! The '62 version is close by, and only $20.00, so I won't lose a lot, but it would be nice to get a "bolt in" ....

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, the '62 "may" interchange, but I have learned that the '61 is a one year only. Although they may have made 2 different kinds in '61. I'll let the '61 experts jump in and take it from here, lol.

Bill
I have parted out several 61-62's and to my knowledge they are all the same.

62BillT

Well Known Member
I have parted out several 61-62's and to my knowledge they are all the same.

That's why I mentioned that they may have made 2 different ones in '61. If they did make 2, then the 2nd design could very well be the same as a '62. But what I have learned with the "specific" '61 only one is that it has a special Angle to it. The Pedal Pad appears visibly different when compared to a '62. Other than that, they may very well be the same, but I'll let you all work that out, lol.

Bill

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
They are not the same. The 61 has different upper linkage and a return spring that was dropped for the 62's. 61 is a one year only. You can make a 62 work if you use all linkage and bellcrank and lower linkage.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Phil,

I believe you are referring to the Clutch Pedal set-up. We are asking about the Parking Brake Assembly. (I know we haven't been too clear about it in our back and forth replies, lol).

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
You are right Bill........................disregard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: