Parking brake parts missing !

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
preparing for arrival of steel park brake pulley. Pulled rear drum and oopsy ! Looks like someone removed the mechanical parts to actuate. Impala Bob lists Chevelle and El Camino for 64 but no full size. Are they the same ? I need the strut, spring and lever. These pics ar for a C10. just using for refernce. 351CABC1-A44B-4217-A2AF-5593FC41F316.jpegD90856EA-9FA4-4E8F-8CD7-344C6EADF6D1.jpeg

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That kind of makes sense actually. This body has under 9k miles on it and it sat since 1968. I have had it over 10 years and when I got it I went thru the brakes and did notice theywere disconnected .

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I will need both sides. Just the inside pieces. The white pieces and orange pieces pictured above for both sides. Certainly don’t have to be pretty since I drive this old pig. I think there are 2 clips, 2 wave washers and 2 springs but those can probably be had and were used in other applications. Strange that they arent repopped for big cars yet they make them for mid-size. Probably China stuff anyway.
I have heard before that people took these off or disconnected the park brakes for racing but what was the reason for doing that ? Cant be more than a pound or so in weight.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Pulleys came today. They are really close on the ID. OD perfect. Paul or James if you guys can check your parts for the 4 pieces inside the backing plates I can figure out how to get this done. Rather pay you guys than some unknown being on Faceplant or Craigslist. Still cant figure out how removing park brakes was a benefit to racing.E2F80ABB-1172-4B8D-84E8-842F7D566419.jpeg