Passin' through

wristpin

Well Known Member
Lots of toys, from 2008 HD Ultra classic to a '93 Zx750 to '70 Charger to '52 Chevy/Mopar/Ford Frankentruck. Currently looking at this site for real world experience and info as I'm rebuilding '60 Impala 348 Tri Power carbs for a friend. Hope to be of use to someone here as I have a small collection of "MOTORS AUTOMOBILE REPAIR" manuals. In particular for this site; Editions 20 & 22 which cover the years for 1947-1957 & 1959-1968 and others into the 80's. They cover from Buick to Volkswagen. Hope to make a few friends and share info. 1482456941161.jpg 1482456991092.jpg

wristpin

Well Known Member
Ive chatted with a few people here and there is one common thread that runs through the Soul of 348-409 and that is we're all here as one under a common interest. That that interest has helped us learn maturity, respect, giving assistance and accepting acceptance with grace and humility. I came here to learn from experienced people a bit about 348 tri power carbs. Instead I've learn that historical racers and their memories abound here. Learned that the small track racers are here with their desire to share their knowledge and friendship. I was Passin' Through but if ya all don't mind, I believe I'll stay and hopefully meet many of you in the years to come at races and other events. I have a spare 454/400 laying in storage with a plan to put it into a '65-72 Chevelle. I'll do that but I'm goingbto start searching for a '59-62 impala for a 348 tripower or 2x4 setup. I'll still pump mopar oil in my veins but W heads may be my mistress. Thank you all for the warm welcome and some wonderful stories. Please keep those stories coming!!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Well Jeff I learned today that no matter my training or experience as an engineer, if I choose to take a short cut I'll regret it. I'm like the gov't...I have to relearn today what I learned yesterday. Today I'm putting new floorboards in a friends daughters '93 Firebird. Passenger side front and rear cut out, cleaned up and panels welded in. Started drivers side today, cut out rusted crap, ground and wire wheeled base metal, welding in 3/16"x3"x16" pieces to strengthen frame. Shielded fuel lines to prevent a fire...INSTEAD OF REMOVING PLASTIC TUBING WITH FLAMMABLE LIQUID UNDER PRESSURE INSIDE. duh. Prior all this I'd wetted the area, had a fire blanket protecting windows, panels, etc. and a fire extinguisher in the garage and a water hose "just in case". BTW I know, never use water on a class B (liquid fuel) fire. After the initial BOOM my son Cole got the water hose over and was spraying car interior and fire blanket which luckily was containing fuel spray to floorboard area. He then got the fire extinguisher and ran it to me, pulling the pin on the way. After a few seconds of the PKP (Powdered Fire Supression Agent) the fire was out. My point...our hobby is inheritantly flammable. If you don't have a fire blanket and a fire extinguisher Seriously Consider It. I deal with fire almost daily and I thought I was ok. I was Wrong. BTW reguarding my other post about this generation...my 13 year old son remained calm and did exactly what he needed to do and did it Fast! I'm Proud of Him. Me I'm not so impressed with right now.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome from Texas !!!
Glad nobody got hurt......seems that if you are in this hobby then there will be fires,cuts and mashed fingers....all we can do is try to be smart.......I have only 1 cut on my hands at the moment....I feel like a WINNER !!!

wristpin

Well Known Member
Thank you from Nebraska Simps37. You have a nice project. Leaving church after my last marriage we left in a '37 Sedan...sideways lol (stroked 454 12.5:1). Not mine.