Passion Polly: 61 in Erath County Texas

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Lil update. Have the downdraft stainless steel exhaust tips intalled ... view of the battery and stereo capacitor ... and the opposing 10" subwoofers.

IMG_2291.jpeg
The REAL final wheels/tires.
IMG_2290.jpeg

I've requested a 15 Jan delivery date. Mom's anniversary is just after that. Would sure like to take her to dinner in Polly.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Well ... delivery wont happen for the anniversary... but I ended up doing the first test drive on Friday (1/8) with my bestest.

just a couple tweeks ... but what a BLAST!

This pict returning from the run. Set the dakota digital. Dropped off the tech then cruised Hamilton for a few minutes... registered and insured and all! (Painter still had my plates though, shhh)

caught sight of Dads car club plaque in the reflection on the back glass.

Attachments

• 9F1DE1D1-ADE2-4C70-AF24-A3FC6962F7E8.jpeg
    9F1DE1D1-ADE2-4C70-AF24-A3FC6962F7E8.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 28

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Put a few more test miles on her yesterday. Discovered the torque converter isn't locking. Overlooked connecting the power lead for the control. Now we are almost there. Tweek the timing a bit starter drags on a warm start. I have a guarded switch for the distributor and can turn-over the engine with the distributor "cold." When I do that, it spins fine. So gotta adjust that. She runs strong, straight, solid. The rack-pinion steering is nice. There is a bit of sensitivity, though, in "disruption" (IDK what else to call it) ... either a big gust of crosswind or encountering a groove in the pavement (by big trucks). Darts laterally just a bit. I've found I have to fine touch the correction to avoid an oscillation.

Today, she goes to the painter for the final ... and the CHEVROLET letters added to the hood. Oh ... and the license plates! LOL

delivery date 29 Jan. I'm pretty stoked!

IMG_2353.jpeg

Last edited:

Shaark92

Well Known Member
yeah, we didn't make 29 Jan! LOL.

Thanks for the ping, @W Head

looking for 15 Feb, now. Gonna be KOLD! hopefully dry, but if not, I have the carriage to keep her clean. Enroute to Hamilton, will be inspecting the roads for KCl by TxDOT! SMH! I wish they'd send that stuff back NORTH.

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Polished-up and shining in the sun. I presented the shop's crew with "Polly shirts." Here you see an action photo of Marc tossing Kaleigh her Polly shirt. YES, she caught it! :P

John wants Polly back in 500 miles for the first oil change and to check torques/etc. He didn't have his entire crew present, so we'll get "official photos" then. If the weather holds up ... I'll get most of that done this weekend! :))))) She's getting ceramic coated right now at Bulldog Auto Detail in Temple (Waco, Copperas Cove)

IMG_2657.jpeg

Authentic 1961 License plate! I didn't know this was an option. John suggested it. License plate frame, original from 1985, re-chromed/painted to match.
IMG_2658.jpeg

Mirror finish. The entire car is like this. Amazing.
IMG_2659.jpeg

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Honoring Dad with a professional artists recreation of Dad's driver's license signature. (this kinda made me wonder why we do signatures for 'validation!' :o )

IMG_2661.jpeg

It has been 34 years since Polly had been here. Same Church house, different pastor.
IMG_2664.jpeg

The next stop on Polly's first day out ... Mom's. She had my nephews, so they came along as we got a shot of Polly at my High School. the campus has changed quite a bit, but this corner of it is still the same.
IMG_2670.jpeg