Paying accolades

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. If I could, I'd like to pay accolades to a member here. I previously posted a thread about turning a 327 into a stoker motor. Received alot of good feedback which I was very grateful for. One member, Don Jacks, pm-ed me offering his phone number to call him with additional questions, which I did. I spoke with him for the better part of 30 minutes; perhaps more. What a knowledgeable, skillful person he is. He didn't have to make this offering, but he did. Certainly above and beyond what would have been expected. I was very appreciate of his time and advice. There are other members on here who are also very knowledgeable and skillful. I have spoken with several by phone and I am very thankful for their time and advice too. I think that is what makes this site unique. Different. A pleasure to come to. People are willing to help. Share. What is there not to love, Carmine.

bobs409

Administrator
My turn. This one is for Don also. When I rebuilt my first engine (454), I felt like Don was right there leaning over my shoulder! Never afraid to explain things is detail and never got tired of all my questions! A few other members were also involved but it's been a while so that's testing my memory.

Since then I rebuilt (2) 454's and a 350. Don helped with those too. :D And best of all, he's 99.9% right all the time! :D

Thank you Don. :drinking

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Don comments:

"Ronnie Russell was a friend,and while I'm not anywhere near his knowledge level,I try to honor his memory by helping to carry on his tradition of helping..Besides,I don't have much else to do. "

I've got something for you to do! I've got a set of bare 333 heads that Ronnie spent hours shaping the ports to flow better. They've already been cut and threaded for 7/16" screw in studs. I always wondered what they might be capable of...

All of my current builds are based on the big port iron heads (690s and 583s, but no aluminum) so I really don't have a specific use for them.

I know it's silly to center a build around a set of 333s, but maybe we can scrounge a bunch of parts together from various members and build a tribute to Ronnie's memory? I was talking to James about this one day and he mentioned the tribute angle. It'd be a lot more fun than building a mailbox :). When we're done we can auction it off and use the proceeds for something useful to the group?

Just thinkin' out loud :).

TomK

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Don comments:

"Ronnie Russell was a friend,and while I'm not anywhere near his knowledge level,I try to honor his memory by helping to carry on his tradition of helping..Besides,I don't have much else to do. "

I've got something for you to do! I've got a set of bare 333 heads that Ronnie spent hours shaping the ports to flow better. They've already been cut and threaded for 7/16" screw in studs. I always wondered what they might be capable of...

All of my current builds are based on the big port iron heads (690s and 583s, but no aluminum) so I really don't have a specific use for them.

I know it's silly to center a build around a set of 333s, but maybe we can scrounge a bunch of parts together from various members and build a tribute to Ronnie's memory? I was talking to James about this one day and he mentioned the tribute angle. It'd be a lot more fun than building a mailbox :). When we're done we can auction it off and use the proceeds for something useful to the group?

Just thinkin' out loud :).
Tom,These heads will support over 500 hp on a stock stroke 09 with the right cam,just ask Yellow Wagon [Jason]

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
All hail the great DON :bow. I too have had great dealings with Don while working on the 348. Albeit still waiting to get back in to, Don certainly put me on the right track for what was needed.

Well done Carmine for bringing this to everyone's attention

Gav