PCV connection?

El Rat

Well Known Member
Hi gents
I know that more often than not I hypotenuse myself but here goes:
I have my PVC hooked to the front carb on my Offy manifold and it occurred to me that it needs to be hooked to both. What say you all?

El Rat

Well Known Member
Thanks all
However since it’s an air leak wouldn’t it be better to have both carbs see the same leak?

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Mine quit spitting oil at high RPM's when I put a line from the oil fill tube to the front carb.

Mine spits oil out of the dip stick tube. I assume that could expose questionable valve cover sealing as well. This thing is impossible to keep dry. I did see another member that wrap some tape or something around the top of the dip stick in an effort to seal it as it's pushed into the tube. My oil fill tube cap also blows partially off when I get on it. Which is every time I drive it. :burnout

El Rat

Well Known Member
To start with make sure you have a vented oil fill cap. There are lots of other things but that’s a good place to start.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Perhaps Randy,you need to talk to Carl McQuillian about one of his crankcase evacation [smog] pumps.It'll dry that engine right up.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Mine spits oil out of the dip stick tube. I assume that could expose questionable valve cover sealing as well. This thing is impossible to keep dry. I did see another member that wrap some tape or something around the top of the dip stick in an effort to seal it as it's pushed into the tube. My oil fill tube cap also blows partially off when I get on it. Which is every time I drive it. :burnout

I only had oil spitting out of the vented fill cap, none from the dipstick. Here's what I did.IMG_20180511_145758824.jpg

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I only had oil spitting out of the vented fill cap, none from the dipstick. Here's what I did.View attachment 75595
Dave, did you drill that hole while the fill tube was installed or did you pull it out of the intake to drill it? I would like to do the same on mine. I'm trying to decide what the best way to pull the tube would be, without ruining it, if it's possible. I might have to make up some type of puller adapter.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Seems like I had a shop vac in there. I would think a guy could find something like a wheel cyl rubber the right size, drill a hole in the middle, and attach a long bolt to it, stuff it in there past the drilling area. Just to be safe.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well, I'll give the rubber hammer and two hams a try. I thought about drill it in place with something stuffed in below, but not sure I want to chance any chips getting in the engine. I do remember the filler went into the Edelbrock intake pretty tight. Thanks guys. By the way Ray, should I use fresh or frozen hams?:D

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Well, I'll give the rubber hammer and two hams a try. I thought about drill it in place with something stuffed in below, but not sure I want to chance any chips getting in the engine. I do remember the filler went into the Edelbrock intake pretty tight. Thanks guys. By the way Ray, should I use fresh or frozen hams?:D
Well, it was 55 dgs. here today so that would be fresh, wait until February now we're talking frozen. Fresh is always a better choice.